First the GM’s, Now Harvard Slashes Air Staff (UPDATED)
Harvard Broadcasting continued to slash staff today, with the economic devastation resulting from COVID 19 getting the blame.
General managers at Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Red Deer and Fort McMurray were first to go last week, along with Red Deer PD Sara Parker and Regina PD Darren Robson.
While Andy Ross is no longer GM in Saskatoon he has agreed stay on as PD of 96.3 CRUZ FM, and will add PD duties for the two Harvard stations in Regina.
Today the company canned another ton of people, announcers included, according to inside sources. We’re told that Red Deer’s Kraze let go the morning show cohosts and middays, while sister station X chopped the full morning show. The office manager and promo director were also terminated.
92.1 in Regina let go both of its morning show hosts, while 104.9 has its afternoon hosts Brock And Dalby headed to Winnipeg in August, on 92.1 CITI, replaced with Travis Stewart from the Fort McMurray morning show, who will also be Music Director.
As of June 24th we have been advised that CKRM AM 620 in Regina has lost longtime morning show host Jamie Lewis as well as Nevin Chamney from the air staff, and all mention of them has been removed from the station’s website.
PS .. In our original story we referenced a 25% salary chop instituted by Harvard at the beginning of the COVID crisis. Now we’ve been told that money is being repaid by the company. That must be very welcome.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Drex to Leave CKNW and National Corus Late Night…
- First the GM’s, Now Harvard Slashes Air Staff…
- Oprah, Ellen & Kimmel are in BIG Trouble…
- Harvard Broadcasting Cuts Senior Management (UPDATED)
- RIP Miles Ramsay, famed for A&W’s Great…
- The Snitches Who Betrayed Wendy Mesley
- John Doyle: ‘COVID-era CBC TV is a shambles’
- Looney Left Vancouver Council turned the City I was…
- Jordan Armstrong is a very fine example of what…
- Goodbye to the Old C-FUN building on West 4th in Vancouver