25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Janis Joplin
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. April 4th
- Coquitlam's Logan Williams, actor on'The Flash,' Dies Suddenly at 16
- Lloydminster's Real Country 95.9 Lays Off 20 year vet Kurt Price
- John Barbour Talks & Sings About Lockdown!!!
- Hall of Fame Soul Singer Bill Withers Dies at 81
- Stream Aid 2020 Raises Millions for Charity
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Garth Brooks
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. April 3rd
- Longtime White Sox Radio Broadcaster Ed Farmer Passes Away at 70
- Northern BC Radio Icon Ron East Passes at 86
- New Jersey Rocker Adam Schlesinger Dead at 52 from Coronavirus
- Live from Quarantine City: KEXP’s steady voices ‘see us through’ coronavirus pandemic
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Marty Stuart
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. April 2nd
- Edmonton's BOB LAYTON Celebrates 50 Years in Broadcasting
- Jazz Patriarch Ellis Marsalis Another COVID-19 Victim, aged 85
- 'Yogi Bear' Voice Actress Dies From Coronavirus Complications
- Already a Gamble, Can Streamer Quibi Survive its Launch Next Monday?
- Ottawa Waives $30M in Broadcasters' Licence Fees Amid Pandemic
- Kelowna's Soft 103.9 to go dark on Friday
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Johnny Mathis
- APRIL FOOL's DAY in Broadcast History .. Wed. April 1st
- Canadian News, Movie Channels big TV winners in COVID-19 'Isolate at Home'
- NEGATIVE NEWS!!! by Sparky Taft
Janis was a hard rock performer, who influenced many of todays bands. Me & Bobby McGee was a hit in 1971 for her. She apparently died in 1970 of an heroin overdose
IT WAS APRIL 4th .. when Kate Smith began a new daily quarter-hour talk show in the noon hour at CBS radio…
When the ill-fated CBC-FM Network signed on, with connected stations only in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal…
When Johnny Carson quit The Tonight Show in a salary dispute with NBC. He returned three weeks later with an additional $30,000 a week!…
and when, after six years, the final episode of the WWII prison camp sitcom “Hogan’s Heroes” aired on CBS TV.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
According to the grieving mom, the ongoing coronavirus crisis has made it difficult for the family to mourn. “I am not able to hug my parents who lost their only grandchild,” Mrs. Williams said. “It’s hard.”
We fear he is not the last career broadcaster who will end up on the outside until the coronavirus emergency eventually ends.
John Barbour’s Brilliant & so so funny song
The mellifluous vocalist behind “Lean on Me,” “Lovely Day” and “Ain’t No Sunshine” succumbs to heart complications.
Spearheaded by Toronto-based Enthusiast Gaming, the event had a diverse army of entertainment-industry stars diving head-first into eSports gaming on the Twitch platform, with performances by music megastars like John Legend adding to the digital festivities.
Garth has been active since 1985 to the present. He has the fortune to have many hits, and Thunder Road Rolls was one of them in 1988.
Layton manages news programming for 630 CHED, Global News Radio 880 Edmonton, 92.5 The Chuck and CISN Country.
“Avenue Radio, owners of Soft 103.9, has declared bankruptcy putting several wonderful people out of work.”
IT WAS APRIL 3rd … when two staples of NBC radio made their debuts three years apart, ‘Mr. District Attorney,’ and ‘People Are Funny’…
When the comedy team of (Dean) Martin & (Jerry) Lewis (pictured) began their own weekly series on NBC radio …
When radio station CKSA Lloydminster had its official grand opening, with 1000 watts at 1450 KHz…
and when John Chancellor stepped down as anchor of the The NBC Nightly News, to be succeeded by the team of Roger Mudd and Tom Brokaw as coanchors.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
“Ed Farmer was the radio voice of the Chicago White Sox for three decades, and he called no-hitters, perfect games and of course, a World Series championship,” said White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf via team press release.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver’s Z95.3 Changes its Morning Show
- Kid Carson gets the Morning Show at Vancouver’s Z 95.3
- CKNW Officially Names New Talk Show Hosts
- Simi Sara Appointed Official Breakfast Host at NW
- Graham Hatch Out of his Afternoon Drive slot at…
- Kelowna’s Soft 103.9 to go dark on Friday
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Nov. 25 2019 –…
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- ‘Inducing panic’: Media under fire for…
- David Bray Analyzes VANCOUVER Radio PPM’s,…