25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Don Gibson has today's almost forgotten track
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. July 24th
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. July 23rd
- Actor John Heard of 'Sopranos,''Home Alone,''Prison Break' Dead at 72.
- VIDEO: Radio Cowichan wins $1,000 in Laketown Ranch contest
- Boomer Public Radio
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. July 22nd
- Megyn Kelly's NBC Show Is Stuck In A Bad Pattern
- Canadian Rock Musician Kenny Shields Dies
- Sonic's Lauren talks Chester Bennington and her own journey
- The Isley Brothers have today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. July 21st
- Quincy Jones Takes the Stand in Michael Jackson Royalties Trial
- Voice of Van. Giants Brendan Batchelor Appears to be New Voice of the Canucks
- Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide by Hanging
- CBC's Rick Cluff Recovering from Heart Surgery
- Canadian Radio Ad Revenues Took Nosedive in 2016
- Phil Ochs has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. July 20th
- BBC Under Fire for Gender Pay Gap After Salaries Made Public
- PROSALESGUY - Siri, Make Me More Sales!
- Full Time Radio Job Opening in Brandon, Manitoba...
- Annoyed by Camera Ban, Fox News Guy Walks out of White House Briefing
- Otis Redding has today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. July 19th
Don Gibson remains one of the best songwriters country music ever had, but these days, despite being in the country music Hall of Fame, is remembered by few…
IT WAS JULY 24th .. when U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt (pictured) stopped in the middle of his 4th ‘Fireside Chat’ on national radio and asked for a glass of water, which he then sipped…
When the melodramatic “Romance of Helen Trent” debuted on midwest regional radio before becoming a CBS network staple three months later, and running daily for the next 27 years!…
When NBC correspondent Edwin Newman became news anchor of the TV network’s ‘Today Show’….
..and when the independent sales of three BC radio stations.. CJAT Trail. CJAV Port Alberni, and CKAY Duncan .. were approved by the CRTC.
ALL the milestones for July 24th INSIDE.
IT WAS JULY 23rd … when the Telstar communications satellite made possible the first live TV broadcast from the US to Europe…
When Toronto-born rocker Neil Young (pictured), at age 17, held his first recording session in the studios of Winnipeg radio station CKRC…
When the FCC approved the AM stereo radio system; KTSA in San Antonio was the first to go stereo…
..and when the three-year old television network FOX-TV topped ABC, NBC and CBS in the ratings for the 1st time, thanks to “America’s Most Wanted.”
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE. Also, on this day in 2011, Amy Whitehouse died.
Heard had a lengthy roster of film and television credits throughout a career spanning four decades, including playing the forgetful father in Home Alone and its sequel.
Working together with local school, exciting projects earn Radio Cowichan big payday
Canada’s #1 Premiere Boutique Radio Network dedicated to the 10 million Baby Boomers and Beyond who represent the fastest growing demographic in the country.
NBC host Megyn Kelly’s Sunday night news magazine has lost viewers every week since its June debut, and last weekend’s episode was no exception.
The musician “passed away quietly and peacefully” on Friday at the St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg
From the Sonic facebook page, evening host Lauren talked about the sad news of Chester Bennington taking his own life and her struggles. She gives hope to those who need it and she does a wonderful job
Jones says he’s owed tens of millions, his share of posthumous profits resulting from the exploitation of songs he produced.
Batchelor, 28, has called Vancouver Giants’ games the past four seasons. He resigned from the WHL club on Monday and is refusing to say where he’s going, other than to admit he starts his new gig in August.
Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Dead, Commits Suicide by Hanging
Rick underwent heart surgery recently. He’s okay & will be back soon, but is taking the summer to recover.
Operating revenues in private radio broadcasting fell 3.3% (-$52.5 million) from 2015 to $1.6 billion in 2016, Statistics Canada reports.
“Of the talent earning over £150,000, two thirds are men and one third are women,” director-general Tony Hall acknowledged.
Our relationship with our sales training partners in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto is always a two-way street. We help them drive sales and increase company revenues and they always teach us something new as well. A recent discussion with a tech-savvy Salesperson in Toronto gave me the insight to use a tool right at fingertips […]
News Anchor / Reporter – Q Country & 94.7 StarFM
John Roberts was stepping out to appear via satellite with FNC anchor Shepard Smith.
“Canadians were hoping for somebody with a strong consumer rights background, and will undoubtedly be disheartened to see the Trudeau government place someone from industry into the top decision-making position.”
“While it’s true Sinclair issues “must run” content, media reports which say they are of “poor quality” and “politically tilted” are not true, and that “must runs” amount to less than one hour per week, on average, of Sinclair stations coverage,”
Cabinet will also appoint Caroline Simard, a bureaucrat, as vice chair of broadcasting.
“Weak foundations are the most common cause for an eventual collapse; and you can’t easily fix the foundations once you’ve already started building!”
Raible joined KIRO 7 in 1982, following a six-year career as a wide receiver with the Seattle Seahawks.
Ira Haberman is the host of the Sound Podcast and passionate about storytelling, and the Grateful Dead. Put it together, and that’s a podcast
Movin’ 92.5 continues to dominate all demo breakout charts.
CBS News and BBC News unveiled an editorial and news gathering partnership that they said would “significantly enhance the global reporting capabilities” of both organizations.
KJR-FM The Jet moves into a tie for second place, and KNKX-FM (the former KPLU) moves into a tie for fifth place, giving NPR news/talk two of the top five spots in Seattle radio.
Has the cash-strapped CBC SOLD OFF editorial control of their flagship news program The National to the federal NDP? Or have they just GIVEN it to them?
IT WAS JULY 22nd … when the British sitcom that gave rise to CBS-TV’s ‘All in the Family’, ‘Till Death Us Do Part’ debuted on BBC-TV…
When a UK floating pirate radio station, “Swinging Scotland”, shut down for lack of funds…
When The Doors were guests on ABC-TV’s American Bandstand, performing “Crystal Ship” and “Light My Fire”…
.. and when a license for Kelowna’s second radio station CKIQ-1150 was approved by the CRTC.
ALL the milestones for July 22nd INSIDE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver