25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Hank Ballard has today's almost forgotten tracks...
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 21st
- Eight let go within Jim Pattison Broadcast Group Admin/Traffic...
- Nielsen: Radio Sways 'Undecided' Car Shoppers in L. A.
- Nardwuar Celebrates 30 Years at UBC's CiTR
- CFWE Radio Bingo - $50,000 Bonanza
- Bill O'Reilly Calls Fox Firing a 'Political & Financial Hit Job'
- Bob Dylan has today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 20th
- Russia's 'Propaganda Outlet' Will Remain on Canadian TV
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities, by Paul Kaye
- Confirmed: Laura Ingraham to Host 10 p.m. ET slot on Fox News
- The Beatles have today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 19th
- Susan Knight heads back to Victoria for a new gig with Rogers
- Joe Bonamassa has today's almost forgotten track
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 18th
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 17th
- Elliott Hurst of Socast joins Matt on the 'Sound Off' Podcast
- Indigenous radio station hitting Vancouver airwaves next summer
- Lauren Hunter of Sonic 102.9 used social media to get Connor McDavid to sign the McPortrait
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 16th
- Harry Dean Stanton, Quintessential American Actor, Dead at 91
- Nielsen: Classic Rock Format Enjoys Biggest US Audience Growth of the Summer
- Clear Sky Radio seeks Receptionist / Traffic Manager - Lethbridge, AB
One of the most often overlooked of rock and roll’s architects has to be Hank Ballard…he wrote and recorded many hits, including the original version of The Twist, which Chubby Checker copied almost note for note…
Born this date were Bill Murray, Fannie Flagg, Ricki Lake, Cheryl Hines, Jerry Bruckheimer, Bill Kurtis, and Canadian performers Leonard Cohen, Tommy Common, and Air Farce’s John Morgan.
Kelowna’s CHBC-TV signed on, Monday Night Football and NYPD Blue debuted on ABC TV, Bing Crosby taped his Philco Radio Time in Vancouver, Raymond Burr (pictured) starred for the 1st time as Perry Mason on CBS-TV, The Jack Paar Show debuted in prime time on NBC-TV, and John & Yoko guested on ABC-TV’s late night Dick Cavett Show.
Checking out permanently were Walter Brennan, Arthur Godfrey singer Lu Ann Simms, Canadian bandleader Johnny Burt, televangelist Rex Humbard, and Old Time Radio’s Rye Billsbury.
Details and ALL the Sept. 21st milestones INSIDE.
PSR was alerted earlier this morning about an internal shakeup within the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group in Administration and Traffic involving 8 employees
Nielsen says undecided car shoppers cited radio as more influential on purchasing decisions than local TV, newspapers or digital media.
Listen live at citr.ca starting on Thurs. Sept. 21 at 9 p.m. to Fri. Sept, 22 at 5 p.m. for the Nardwuar marathon.
CFWE Radio Bingo, which already gives away $150,000 dollars a month, is celebrating our birthday in a BIG WAY
In his first TV interview since being fired in April, O’Reilly said he was brought down by sponsor boycotts and wider business decisions at Twenty-First Century Fox.
I don’t often get to post songs that are half a millennium old, but this song, which most identify with the O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack in the care of Dan Tyminski with George Clooney lip syncing, is such a tune…
Sept. 20th brought us Sophia Loren, Gogi Grant, Gary Cole, orchestra leader Frank Devol, Northern Exposure’s Peg Phillips (Photo) and Leah Pinsent.
The Calgary station now known as City TV signed on, while Vancouver’s CKLG 73 ended 29 years of rock music and switched fulltime to talk.
Jimmy Stewart debuted a radio western ‘The Six-Shooter’ on NBC,; the ‘Bill Cosby Show’ began its popular 8-year run on NBC-TV, while ‘You’ll Never Get Rich’ with Phil Silvers, and the original ‘Hawaii Five-Oh’ had their premieres on CBS-TV.
ALL the milestones for Sept. 20th INSIDE.
Amid charges that RT spreads disinformation and has sought to influence elections, the CRTC says the channel is not under review in Canada.
Great talent is the engine that propels our business forward. Talent who can see the opportunities the rest of us are blind to are essential for any company’s future growth
Ingraham, a longtime contributor to Fox News, will be the weeknight host of “The Ingraham Angle,” at 10 p.m. ET. Sean Hannity on Sept. 25 will move to 9 p.m. ET, replacing “The Five,” which will return to its 5 p.m. slot.
Word reached us a few days ago, Susan Knight (pictured), current PD and mid-day host with Pattison’s Q103 in Kelowna, will be not only be heading back to Victoria for a second time, but also returning to Rogers for a second time working at the Ocean, as the new PD, and pm drive host
An Indigenous radio station is set to hit Vancouver’s airwaves next summer, one of five launching across Canada after receiving approval from the CRTC
For the second straight year, Classic Rock saw the most growth in audience share in the SUMMER months of JUNE, JULY and AUGUST.
Clear Sky Radio’s CJOC and The Bridge have an opening for Traffic/Receptionist
Despite massive success at home in the UK, T. Rex, featuring Marc Bolan only had a couple on this side of the Atlantic…
Jody will host middays for Roundhouse Radio 10am-1pm starting Sept. 25.
Roundhouse Radio, 98.3 is enhancing their weekday programming with the addition of award winning broadcaster Eugene (Gene) Valaitis (Pictured) taking on the role as Morning Show Host starting Monday September 18th, 2017
Radio Sales Representative for Castanet FM Radio in Kelowna
After an analysis of four major radio formats (Top 40, Country, Urban, Rock) in 143 markets, it is clear that radio is not reflecting the streaming consumption patterns of its listeners.
XAPPmedia and SoCast have launched a new partnership to integrate XAPPmedia on SoCast’s digital platform for radio
Clapton admitted to his Toronto audience to having lost track of the rock music business as it continues to face digital disruption.
Jamie Watson is more than a station voice. He works with imaging producers, program directors, and morning shows.
Ohlmeyer who coined the phrase ‘Must See TV’ and famously fired Norm Macdonald from Saturday Night Live for too many off-color OJ Simpson jokes dies aged 72.
2017 CCMA AWARD WINNERS
102.3 NOW is dominant in Edmonton, Country 105 had a great book in Calgary, but in Vancouver, a handful of different stations get to claim their share of PPM dominance.
KIRO 7 at Seven, which will be anchored by Steve Raible, Monique Ming Laven, Jesse Jones and Morgan Palmer, will replace The Insider, which is ending its 13-year syndicated run.
CBU (Radio One) continues its stranglehold on #1 in the Lower Mainland. QM/FM lost more than a point to fall out of 2nd place. CFBT Virgin had a very good 12+ book to land in 5th place.
NOW is once again back in the lead, with CHED following in second place. The Bear has made significant strides moving into fourth place…
Country 105 took a nice jump to #1 (12 plus), while CBR (Radio One) dropped to third. C-JAY 92 was another big winner, moving up from tenth to #5.
In his quarter-century with CKWX Cal was one of British Columbia’s best known and respected radio voices.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. May 29 – Aug. 27 2017…
- Kasia Bodurka joins Global BC As New Weekend Weather…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- Jody Vance to Middays at Vancouver’s Roundhouse Radio
- After 12 Years, Former NDP Cabinet Minister is Out at CBC…
- Sportsnet 650 complete lineup
- Eight let go within Jim Pattison Broadcast Group…
- KJR Host Mitch Levy Arrested in Prostitution Sting
- Red’s Diner Last Show on CISL 650 was Sunday!