25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Host Quits After Being Told to Follow The Format
- Megyn Kelly: did NBC hire her to destroy FOX?
- Fred Jacobs joins Matt Cundill on the 'Sound Off' Podcast
- Legendary Local New York TV Reporter Gabe Pressman Dead at 92
- Producer Satiar Shah Leaves TSN 1040 for Host Gig at Sportsnet 650??
- The Bermudas have today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. June 23rd
- Roundhouse Radio's CEO Don Shafer talks about Local versus National with Jim Goddard
- Retired from TV, John Daly Takes on a Weekly Radio Show
- HBO, Host John Oliver Sued Over Segment/Skit on Coal Mining
- Van Morrison has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. June 22nd
- Apple Putting Big Bucks into TV Content Production
- Poco has today's almost fogotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. June 21st
- Christian Hall joins Matt Cundill on the soundoff podcast
- CTV Montreal Joins National Trend to Drop Local Sportscasts
- Success is a choice, by Paul Kaye
- Garland Jeffreys has today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. June 20th
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM Vancouver (Update!)
- Comedian/writer Bill Dana, a/k/a Jose Jimenez, Dies at 92
- Why Did CBS in Sacramento Apologize to Listeners?
- Average White Band have today's almost forgotten track
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. June 19th
Bond is no stranger to controversy. According to Pennlive.com he was hired at WTPA about three years ago. He returned to PA in 2013, after a two-year prison sentence for a $4.3 million forged check scheme.
NBC execs are either dumb as rocks, or it’s part of a plan to send FOX down the drain
Jacobs Media went all-in on podcasting a few years ago and I met up with Fred Jacobs and Seth Resler at Podcast Movement 16 in Chicago
To generations of mayors, governors and ordinary New Yorkers, he was Gabe: the short, rumpled, pushy guy from Channel 4 who seemed always on the scene, elbowing his way to the front and jabbing his microphone in the face of a witness or a big shot.
Some in the know in the media think he’s getting a host spot. Some think he’s going for a similar type role he had at 1040.
this haunting little number hit the charts in the mid-60s with little fanfare but the young ladies who made up The Bermudas had a moment in the sun, including this appearance on one of Dick Clark’s shows…
IT WAS JUNE 23rd … when Chilliwack’s first radio station CHWK signed on at 1210 KHz with 5 watts. At first it only broadcast an hour or two a day…
When Don McNeill took over as host of Chicago’s ‘Pepper Pot’ program, and renamed it ‘The Breakfast Club’ which ran on the networks for 35 years…
When ‘The Jimmy Durante Show’ concluded its run on NBC-TV, and ‘The Pat Boone Show’ ran for the last time on ABC-TV…
…and when ‘The David Letterman Show’ began its torturous 4-month run on NBC-TV daytime.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Great interview with Don Shafer, founder and CEO of Roundhouse Radio…
John’s new radio talk show, Back on the Beat, will air on Saturdays at 11 a.m. on CKNW AM980.
HBO has been hauled into court over a June 18 broadcast of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, which covered President Donald Trump’s generous treatment of the coal industry.
When something deemed dangerous and worrisome fails to materialize, people begin to make fun of it. It’s a natural defense mechanism that helps them pretend they’ve beaten “the big bad.”
This week Christian Hall talks the history of X92.9 as well as when they both programmed Power 97 at different times.
Sportscasters Brian Wilde, Randy Tieman (pictured) and Sean Coleman are being laid off as the CTV outlet in Montreal drops the local sports segments.
Success is a word that gets thrown around a lot. People talk about being successful. The desire to be successful is easy to proclaim.
Its True, Michael Kuss will be joining Paul Brown on June 26th, as the new morning team of JACK FM 96.9
He became a ‘mascot’ for the Mercury astronauts, wrote jokes for Steve Allen and Don Adams and penned one of the funniest ‘All in the Family’ episodes.
A message and update from one of our favourite Puget Sound Radio clients, voice over/actor, Ross Huguet
By Joseph Ax, Reuters June 17 2017 . Getty Images . Judge Steven O’Neill made the decision after six days in court. Bill Cosby’s trial on sexual assault charges ended without a verdict Saturday after jurors failed to reach a unanimous decision in a case that helped destroy the 79-year-old comedian’s image as “America’s […]
Conservatives were the most opposed, with 64% against any federal involvement, followed by the Liberals with 55% opposed. Among the NDP, 51% support federal involvement, while 49% are against it
The CRTC has awarded radio licenses in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Toronto to three Indigenous communications companies. The Vancouver station will operate at 106.3 MHz.
HUBBARD Top 40/M KQMV (MOVIN) continues to dominate all demo breakouts.
In this endless cycle of breaking political headlines, television news is facing its biggest moment of opportunity since Fox News Channel and MSNBC came on the scene 21 years ago.
Tara-Jean Stevens formerly one half of the Morning Glory show on Jack has been announced as new Co host of City TV’s Breakfast Television. She starts at her new position Monday June 19
The Awards Gala was hosted by Gord Gillies and celebrated the best and brightest in Prairie broadcasting. Joining in the celebration was the talented Nuela Charles (pictured), an alternative/soul artist from Edmonton, Alberta.
Mark Ritson is the adjunct professor at Melbourne Business School and everyone’s favourite contrarian. He thinks the value of social media is grossly overstated
Newish morning show at Z, updates to The Peak and X92.9, Virgin leaving? Major shakeup at TSN radio with Sportsnet Radio coming?
Scott Fee moves from mo;rning news in Calgary to the # 1 Global News Hour at six pm…
Intrepid reporter George Garrett (pictured) reports from outside Empire Stadium. Garrett’s 43 years on the air are featured in the George Orr documentary Talk!
Tyler and Lynch will host the morning show on 102.7 THE PEAK followed by a brand new line up featuring Jason Manning in the midday, James Sutton and Casey-Jo in the afternoon drive and Clinton Herman bringing it home on the evening show
Dozens of Albertans received the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers on Monday, including Global Edmonton’s Gord Steinke, from the Governor General of Canada.
The Countdown is on…
2 Weeks Until WAB Conference
The Vancouver broadcaster was once a student well on her way to a career in law when her father encouraged her to volunteer at a local community TV station (then Rogers, now Shaw) as a way to overcome her fear of public speaking
Jack FM Vancouver has cleared the slate of on air personalities… They’re all gone…
Newfoundland Capital Corporation (the “Company”) (TSX: NCC.A NCC.B) announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Newcap Inc., has received approval from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (“CRTC”) to sell CISL, its AM station in Vancouver, British Columbia
Z99 is in the lead, followed by Big Dog, with the Wolf in pursuit…
Real Country, Zed followed by Big 105…
Today’s Country in Lethbridge rules the roost
101.3 The River leaps into #1 spot (12+), while Radio One tumbles to 3rd.
CBC Radio One is #1, B100 comes in second, while 98.3 CIFM is third in the Spring 12+ book.
On May 18th I woke up to very sad news. At first I didn’t believe it, I read the headline and was in disbelief. I probably stared at it for 10 minutes, saying over and over this isn’t real, its another twitter death hoax. Then I read the article and knew it was real. The headline said “Chris Cornell dead at 52. Suicide is suspected.” I knew that just 12 hours before I read that article they were on stage in Detroit, at the fabulous Fox Theatre. Which is why the video I posted was Soundgarden playing my favorite song by them, My Wave, for the last time.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- Brent Shearer Out at CTV Vancouver
- PPM Radio Ratings .. Vancouver Feb. 27-May 28 2017
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver
- Victoria Radio Spring Ratings…
- Updates to some radio news