25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Mr. PSR, Michael Easton, says Goodbye and Hello to Easton Spectator
- Ruth Brown has today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. March 24th
- Dave Brubeck Quartet has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. March 23rd
- TJ Connors joins the Sound Off Podcast
- Research Director Inc's PPM Analysis (& Demo Leaders) for Seattle (Feb. 2017)
- Subway seeking $210-million in lawsuit against CBC after 'factually incorrect' chicken report
- Chuck Barris, TV Game Show Creator & Host, Dies at 87
- Front Page Challenge's Betty Kennedy Dead at 91
- Vancouver Officially Proclaims March 30th, 2017 Red Robinson Day
- David Bowie has today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY In Broadcast History .. March 22nd
- BREAKING: Fox pulls Napolitano off air - Nunes Confirms Surveillance of Trump
- NPR's KUOW Jumps to 2nd in Seattle PPM's (Feb.)
- Talent Tips You Need To Know By Paul Kaye
- Peter Jackson, PJ the Dj has passed
- Nilsson has today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. March 21st
- Trump, Secret Service, FBI, Merkel, Obama, Hillary and Soros. Michael Rivero
- Veteran Canadian Comedian/Broadcaster Bob Robertson Dead at 71
- Badfinger has today's almost forgotten track
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. March 20th
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. March 19th
- Chuck Berry, a founding father of rock & roll has died
Thursday, March 23, 2017 Change is good, especially when you have a plan, and Easton Spectator, connecting the dots… has not only been a pland, but on the drawing board for a number of years. Timing is very good, and there’s nothing like now, which is what this announcement is all about. When I teamed […]
It’s safe to say that if the Ertegun brothers and their partners hadn’t formed Atlantic Records that the history of pop music might have been very different indeed
IT WAS MARCH 24th when one of the most powerful signals from the US mountain west, KSL radio of Salt Lake City began broadcasting….
When Major Bowes’ Original “Amateur Hour” went national on the NBC Radio Network, after a year airing locally on WHN New York…
When ABC’s late night Iran Hostage crisis program was renamed “Nightline with Ted Koppel”….
and when Whoopi Goldberg (pictured) was host for the 74th Academy Awards telecast.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
TJ Connors has come full circle. The station he grew up around is now his afternoon home
KHTP (HOT 103.7) is making waves in the younger demos, takes over as #1 18-34
Subway is looking for a whole lotta bread from CBC for a report that suggested roughly half of the fast-food chain’s chicken wasn’t, in fact, chicken.
As host of “The Gong Show,” Barris introduced amateur performers to three celebrity judges, who could put a stop to terrible performances by striking the gong.
In her CFRB radio show’s 27 years, Kennedy got to talk to 25,000 guests, from celebrities and politicians to community builders.
Red Robinson is turning 80 years old and to celebrate the occasion, the City of Vancouver officially proclaims Thursday, March 30th, 2017
David Bowie, like many another superstar, had so many hits that other possibly equal, tracks get left behind
BREAKING: Devin Nunes Confirms Surveillance of Trump Transition Team in November, December and January
Movin 92.5 continues to lead the 6+ chart, followed by KUOW, The Jet KJR-FM, KRWM and KZOK.
I’m a talent guy. I find radio stations that put the effort into finding entertaining and/or interesting people and focus on creating space for them to perform, tend to leave a better impression with me
Peter passed away peacefully on March 7th in Victoria, BC. Born in Hong Kong, Peter’s family moved to Canada and settled in West Vancouver where Peter was raised. After graduation, he began a successful career in radio broadcasting, moving to Winnipeg in the 60’s where he achieved fame as PJ the DJ.
Robertson met his wife and comedy partner Linda Cullen at radio station CKNW where they both worked. Bob was a weatherman on the Frosty Forst morning show, where he used his knack for vocal impersonations to spoof many a public figure.
Indeed, anytime Conservatives or New Democrats stray too far from Liberal orthodoxy, media-types condemn them swiftly and savagely as if they were political heretics.
Courtesy of Radio West… Get a grip McComb! by Jim Walters » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm You’d think an on air/news person who’s been in the market since the Viet Nam war would be able to get the name of a regular guest correct. At first I thought the CKNW Facebook post […]
Decades of scoop journalism, blunt spoken truth to power!
Toronto’s Indie88 (88.1 FM) is excited to announce a new morning show program, The Josie Dye Show
Coaches are called upon to help nurture, develop and grow performance, working with individuals to unlock their fullest – and often unrecognized – potential. Coaches with courage are confident in their approach and are willing to discuss the un-discussable with talent.
Dave Brubeck’s emergence on the pop charts as the fifties became the sixties was a giant leap forward for those who had placed limits on their own musical appreciation
IT WAS MARCH 23rd .. when the Vancouver World newspaper launched the BC city’s third radio station…
When 20-year old Foster Hewitt (pictured) called his first hockey game over the Toronto Star’s pioneer radio station CFCA…
When Elvis Presley auditioned (unsuccessfully) for Arthur Godfrey’a Talent Scouts on CBS radio & TV…
When after 15 years Hugh Downs hosted the final NBC episode of the daytime quiz show ‘Concentration’…
and when the 30-minute daytime drama “The Bold & the Beautiful” had its premiere on CBS-TV.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Charlee Morgan decides her future, leaving full time gig at…
- Edmonton’s Bounce Rebrands as KiSS 91.7
- TSN 1040 Loses Canucks Radio Rights
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- From Global Calgary, Paul Haysom returns to Global BC
- Willy Percy pulling double duty at Rock 101 and Q107
- Dawn Chubai Leaving City-TV’s ‘Breakfast…
- Roundhouse Radio Announces New Senior News Team
- Get a grip McComb!
- Jeff Winskell New Bell PD for 22 BC Interior Stations