25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Global Edmonton station manager Tim Spelliscy retiring after 42 years in news
- Scott Rintoul Excited About His Prospects at Sportsnet 650
- For 1st Time Ever, MSNBC is No. 1 in Prime Time on All of Cable
- Want to be successful? What questions are you asking yourself?
- Lulu has today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. July 25th
- TV Creators Pressure Trudeau Gov't to Restore the Production Dollars Required from Broadcasters
- Changes coming to 101.5 Kool FM Calgary
- RIP Broadcaster/AdMan Fin Anthony, 87
- Don Gibson has today's almost forgotten track
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. July 24th
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. July 23rd
- Actor John Heard of 'Sopranos,''Home Alone,''Prison Break' Dead at 72.
- VIDEO: Radio Cowichan wins $1,000 in Laketown Ranch contest
- Boomer Public Radio
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. July 22nd
- Megyn Kelly's NBC Show Is Stuck In A Bad Pattern
- Canadian Rock Musician Kenny Shields Dies
- Sonic's Lauren talks Chester Bennington and her own journey
- The Isley Brothers have today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. July 21st
- Quincy Jones Takes the Stand in Michael Jackson Royalties Trial
- Voice of Van. Giants Brendan Batchelor Appears to be New Voice of the Canucks
- Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide by Hanging
- CBC's Rick Cluff Recovering from Heart Surgery
IT WAS JULY 24th .. when U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt (pictured) stopped in the middle of his 4th ‘Fireside Chat’ on national radio and asked for a glass of water, which he then sipped…
When the melodramatic “Romance of Helen Trent” debuted on midwest regional radio before becoming a CBS network staple three months later, and running daily for the next 27 years!…
When NBC correspondent Edwin Newman became news anchor of the TV network’s ‘Today Show’….
..and when the independent sales of three BC radio stations.. CJAT Trail. CJAV Port Alberni, and CKAY Duncan .. were approved by the CRTC.
ALL the milestones for July 24th INSIDE.
IT WAS JULY 23rd … when the Telstar communications satellite made possible the first live TV broadcast from the US to Europe…
When Toronto-born rocker Neil Young (pictured), at age 17, held his first recording session in the studios of Winnipeg radio station CKRC…
When the FCC approved the AM stereo radio system; KTSA in San Antonio was the first to go stereo…
..and when the three-year old television network FOX-TV topped ABC, NBC and CBS in the ratings for the 1st time, thanks to “America’s Most Wanted.”
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE. Also, on this day in 2011, Amy Whitehouse died.
Heard had a lengthy roster of film and television credits throughout a career spanning four decades, including playing the forgetful father in Home Alone and its sequel.
Working together with local school, exciting projects earn Radio Cowichan big payday
Canada’s #1 Premiere Boutique Radio Network dedicated to the 10 million Baby Boomers and Beyond who represent the fastest growing demographic in the country.
IT WAS JULY 22nd … when the British sitcom that gave rise to CBS-TV’s ‘All in the Family’, ‘Till Death Us Do Part’ debuted on BBC-TV…
When a UK floating pirate radio station, “Swinging Scotland”, shut down for lack of funds…
When The Doors were guests on ABC-TV’s American Bandstand, performing “Crystal Ship” and “Light My Fire”…
.. and when a license for Kelowna’s second radio station CKIQ-1150 was approved by the CRTC.
ALL the milestones for July 22nd INSIDE.
NBC host Megyn Kelly’s Sunday night news magazine has lost viewers every week since its June debut, and last weekend’s episode was no exception.
The musician “passed away quietly and peacefully” on Friday at the St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg
From the Sonic facebook page, evening host Lauren talked about the sad news of Chester Bennington taking his own life and her struggles. She gives hope to those who need it and she does a wonderful job
Early in their fifty-plus year career The Isley Brothers created a couple of classics that will probably last forever…this was one of them, and, within the same year they had also recorded the original version of Twist and Shout, made more famous, of course, by The Beatles…
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men