25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Mr. PSR, Michael Easton, says Goodbye and Hello to Easton Spectator
- Ruth Brown has today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. March 24th
- Dave Brubeck Quartet has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. March 23rd
- TJ Connors joins the Sound Off Podcast
- Research Director Inc's PPM Analysis (& Demo Leaders) for Seattle (Feb. 2017)
- Subway seeking $210-million in lawsuit against CBC after 'factually incorrect' chicken report
- Chuck Barris, TV Game Show Creator & Host, Dies at 87
- Front Page Challenge's Betty Kennedy Dead at 91
- Vancouver Officially Proclaims March 30th, 2017 Red Robinson Day
- David Bowie has today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY In Broadcast History .. March 22nd
- BREAKING: Fox pulls Napolitano off air - Nunes Confirms Surveillance of Trump
- NPR's KUOW Jumps to 2nd in Seattle PPM's (Feb.)
- Talent Tips You Need To Know By Paul Kaye
- Peter Jackson, PJ the Dj has passed
- Nilsson has today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. March 21st
- Trump, Secret Service, FBI, Merkel, Obama, Hillary and Soros. Michael Rivero
- Veteran Canadian Comedian/Broadcaster Bob Robertson Dead at 71
- Badfinger has today's almost forgotten track
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. March 20th
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. March 19th
- Chuck Berry, a founding father of rock & roll has died
Red Robinson is turning 80 years old and to celebrate the occasion, the City of Vancouver officially proclaims Thursday, March 30th, 2017
David Bowie, like many another superstar, had so many hits that other possibly equal, tracks get left behind
IT WAS MARCH 22nd when NBC Radio’s “Voice of Firestone”, a 30-minute showcase of semi-classical music, became the first commercial radio program to be carried simultaneously on both AM and FM stations…
When Vancouver’s CFMI 101.1 FM signed on with an automated rock/country hybrid format …
When Barry Manilow made his first television appearance, performing “Mandy” and “It’s A Miracle” on ABC’s “American Bandstand”…
and when two disparate music acts Bob Dylan and Liberace played NBC-TV’s Late Night with David Letterman.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
BREAKING: Devin Nunes Confirms Surveillance of Trump Transition Team in November, December and January
Movin 92.5 continues to lead the 6+ chart, followed by KUOW, The Jet KJR-FM, KRWM and KZOK.
I’m a talent guy. I find radio stations that put the effort into finding entertaining and/or interesting people and focus on creating space for them to perform, tend to leave a better impression with me
Peter passed away peacefully on March 7th in Victoria, BC. Born in Hong Kong, Peter’s family moved to Canada and settled in West Vancouver where Peter was raised. After graduation, he began a successful career in radio broadcasting, moving to Winnipeg in the 60’s where he achieved fame as PJ the DJ.
Nilsson had a couple of major hits in his career, but his failure to do what other pop and rock stars did
IT WAS MARCH 21st .. when Portland radio station KGW began broadcasting….
When Shirley Booth (pictured) made her TV acting debut in “The Hostess with the Mostest” on Playhouse 90 on CBS….
When CBS-TV’s Ed Sullivan Show starred Gary Lewis & the Playboys singing “This Diamond Ring”….
and when on the CBS-TV prime time soap “Dallas,” JR was shot.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Jim Goddard welcomes Michael Rivero this week…
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Charlee Morgan decides her future, leaving full time gig at…
- Edmonton’s Bounce Rebrands as KiSS 91.7
- TSN 1040 Loses Canucks Radio Rights
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- From Global Calgary, Paul Haysom returns to Global BC
- Willy Percy pulling double duty at Rock 101 and Q107
- Dawn Chubai Leaving City-TV’s ‘Breakfast…
- Roundhouse Radio Announces New Senior News Team
- Get a grip McComb!
- Jeff Winskell New Bell PD for 22 BC Interior Stations