25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Janis Joplin
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. April 4th
- Coquitlam's Logan Williams, actor on'The Flash,' Dies Suddenly at 16
- Lloydminster's Real Country 95.9 Lays Off 20 year vet Kurt Price
- John Barbour Talks & Sings About Lockdown!!!
- Hall of Fame Soul Singer Bill Withers Dies at 81
- Stream Aid 2020 Raises Millions for Charity
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Garth Brooks
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. April 3rd
- Longtime White Sox Radio Broadcaster Ed Farmer Passes Away at 70
- Northern BC Radio Icon Ron East Passes at 86
- New Jersey Rocker Adam Schlesinger Dead at 52 from Coronavirus
- Live from Quarantine City: KEXP’s steady voices ‘see us through’ coronavirus pandemic
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Marty Stuart
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. April 2nd
- Edmonton's BOB LAYTON Celebrates 50 Years in Broadcasting
- Jazz Patriarch Ellis Marsalis Another COVID-19 Victim, aged 85
- 'Yogi Bear' Voice Actress Dies From Coronavirus Complications
- Already a Gamble, Can Streamer Quibi Survive its Launch Next Monday?
- Ottawa Waives $30M in Broadcasters' Licence Fees Amid Pandemic
- Kelowna's Soft 103.9 to go dark on Friday
- Chuck's Classics, featuring Johnny Mathis
- APRIL FOOL's DAY in Broadcast History .. Wed. April 1st
- Canadian News, Movie Channels big TV winners in COVID-19 'Isolate at Home'
- NEGATIVE NEWS!!! by Sparky Taft
From Prince George to Smithers to Burns Lake to Vanderhoof, Quesnel, Williams Lake and 100-Mile, Ron East has been integral to radio’s viability up north for most of his life.
With Fountains of Wayne — a group that blended power-pop delight with indie and alt-rock sensibilities — he released five albums between 1996 and 2011. During the same period, he released six albums with his other group, Ivy, all the while building a portfolio of TV and film music.
The stream of laptop-toters and curious tourists who normally give KEXP’s spiffy, 4-year-old headquarters its pulse are gone, chased out by the global COVID-19 crisis that’s upended life in Seattle and across the world.
Stuart is a Grammy award-winning country singer. He is from Philadelphia, Mississippi. He is comfortable single rockabilly, honky tonk and of course country. In 1990 he had a hit with Hillbilly Rock.
IT WAS APRIL 2nd .. when the newspaper-based docudrama ‘The Big Story’ began its 8-year run on NBC radio..
When two very successful & long-running daytime dramas ‘The Edge of Night’ and ‘As The World Turns’ premiered on the same day on CBS TV…
When CBS Radio began to produce News On the Hour 24/7…
When the sci-fi soap opera “Dark Shadows” concluded an almost 5 year run on ABC TV…
and when J.R. Ewing and the clan arrived at Southfork, as ‘Dallas’ debuted in prime time on CBS-TV.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Layton manages news programming for 630 CHED, Global News Radio 880 Edmonton, 92.5 The Chuck and CISN Country.
Mr. Marsalis spent decades as a working musician and teacher in New Orleans before his eldest sons, Wynton and Branford, gained national fame in the early 1980s embodying a fresh-faced revival of traditional jazz.
Julie Bennett played the parasol-loving Southern belle Cindy Bear in cartoons for three decades and did the talking for a Barbie doll.
Quibi represents a bold — some would say risky — bet that consumers will be willing to pay for high-end short-form video designed for mobile phones.
The move helps more than 100 broadcasters that are facing significant declines in advertising revenue.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver’s Z95.3 Changes its Morning Show
- Kid Carson gets the Morning Show at Vancouver’s Z 95.3
- CKNW Officially Names New Talk Show Hosts
- Simi Sara Appointed Official Breakfast Host at NW
- Graham Hatch Out of his Afternoon Drive slot at…
- Kelowna’s Soft 103.9 to go dark on Friday
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Nov. 25 2019 –…
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- ‘Inducing panic’: Media under fire for…
- David Bray Analyzes VANCOUVER Radio PPM’s,…