Matthew McBride Gets a Favorable CRTC Hearing on Tofino & Ucluelet Radio Stations
The transcript of yesterday’s hearing has been posted online, and it reads like a pretty low key tea party discussing how the years of non-compliance with the federal regulator will affect the futures of both CHMZ-FM Radio Ltd. Tofino and CIMM-FM Radio Ltd. Ucluelet.
Matthew McBride (pictured above) and the local operator Cameron Dennison (below) were grilled for several hours as you can read for yourself. McBride wants out, he wants to “sell” the licences and other assets to Dennison, the operator of the Tofino station for the past several years, who also took over management of the Ucluelet operation as of last April. I don’t see any sign of McBride getting even a slap on the wrist as a result of yesterday’s hearing. At least in the gentle way he was handled
Below is the link to the hearing transcript. After ploughing through the extensive record, please feel free to post your reactions.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Don Cherry Loses his Coach’s Corner over…
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- MEDIA RELEASE – Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Western Alienation …and the CBC
- Dustin Collins leaves Corus Vancouver to join Jim Pattison
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- POWER struggle: Edmonton radio stations to battle…
- Campbell River’s New Country Station…
- CTV Claims Largest Election Night Audience