Steve Young Deadline tonite, Monday Mar 11 at midnight EST
A Message from JJ Jim Johnston
Monday March 11, 2019
Good morning everyone. It’s time once again for the “Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in Honour of Steve Young”.
Don’t you just love the new crop of broadcasters: young and fresh with something to say, and the tools to say it. Over the past 11 years when we first awarded the Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year award, we’ve seen the young talent explode in our country. Radio is all about compelling personalities who will continue to be the critical point of difference as the radio industry marches forward.
Please take the opportunity to shine a spotlight on one of your rising stars, as CMW and “Friends of Steve Young” once again salute Steve with the “Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in Honour of Steve Young”.
This is the 10th annual award to recognize Canada’s outstanding young broadcasters, many of whom have gone on to big successes since receiving the award. The winning recipient’s travel, accommodation and CMW registration will be covered so they can receive this award in person.
Anyone also working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet these criteria:
- Candidate must be under the age of 30 as of April 19th, 2019.
- Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft
Deadlines for entries is Monday March 11th, 2019 at midnight EST time. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible. Winners will be notified by Monday April 8th, 2019.
Please note that past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can again be nominated. Click here – or copy-and-paste the link below – to access the Submission Form that must be completed for your nomination.
Don’t forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
To learn more about Steve Young please visit his tribute page on Facebook: http:/tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute
Jim JJ Johnston
President, CEO, Chief Talent Coach
JJ International Media/Management
Solutions (JJIMs Inc.)
“Doing the bright things to expedite your business growth”
+ 1 613-438-4455
JJIMS World Headquarters, Sheba’s Island, Ontario, K0K 2T0
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- RIP Former CKNW Promotions Ace John Plul