Our fellow broadcaster and friend, Gord Leighton needs our support with his new project
A message from a friend and a former boss, Gord Leighton, who got pushed out of the industry, or should we say REMOVED from his love after so many years of dedication putting in a career of 53 years in broadcasting, only to be cast out by the likes of Bell Media.
Needless to say, I admire Gord Leighton in forging ahead with his involvement in a community radio station in Vernon.
Hey Radio buds, lets show our support with comments to the CRTC
and now a word from Gord….
Dear subscribers to Puget Sound Radio, I am asking a favour of my broadcasting colleagues, whether retired or still working, young or old, rookie or seasoned After 53-years in commercial broadcasting, my position was eliminated two years ago. One door closed, but another opened!
I am quarterbacking an application to the CRTC by Vernon Community Radio for a new not-for-profit community FM station, 97.9 Valley FM, to serve Greater Vernon. I write to request your help in submitting a letter of intervention in support of our initiative, details of which are online at www.vernoncommunityradio.ca The CRTC has issued a call for comments. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/
You likely do not live in the proposed service area and our application may seem irrelevant to you. BUT, as the Farmer’s TV ads say, “You know a thing or two, because you’ve seen a thing or two.”
Your voices and opinions on what you’ve seen and what you know is relevant to our application and will be valuable information to the Commission’s decision-making process. Personally, I believe that Community Radio is what radio once was and what it should be again.
Deadline to submit is March 1, 2019. I offer you my sincere gratitude and perhaps a glass of wine when you next visit Vernon, and assuming the Commission gives us the nod!
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM