KIRO Radio Turfs Long-Running Afternoon Ron & Don Show
POSTED JANUARY 11, 2019, BY Q13 NEWS STAFF
SEATTLE — The Ron & Don Show is no more.
The popular talk radio show aired weekday afternoons with hosts Ron Upshaw and Don O’Neil.
KIRO Radio 97.3 FM announced the news Friday morning in a Facebook post — stating that Ron & Don had hosted their final show the night before.
“Last night was Ron and Don’s last show on KIRO Radio. We want to thank them both for their service and contribution to the station, our company and to the communities we serve. They both have left long legacies on KIRO Radio and we wish them only the best.”
No further details were given about the reason for the end of the long-running talk show, which began in its current time period in May 2006.
Later Friday, KIRO Radio announced The Candy, Mike & Todd Show which would air weekdays 3 – 7 p.m. starting Monday, Jan. 14.
Candy Harper (pictured, left) previously served as the afternoon producer at KIRO Radio. Mike Lewis (center) has been a reporter and fill-in host since 2016. Todd Herman (pictured, right) has been the afternoon host on KTTH-AM since 2015.
Along with that change, KTTH morning host Jason Rantz moves to afternoons and Saul Spady to the morning slot.
OUR THANKS TO Q13 NEWS FOR WORD OF THIS PROGRAMMING SHAKEUP.
Ron Upshaw was born in Mt. Vernon, Washington and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He currently lives in Woodinville, Washington. He also greatly enjoys beekeeping and has produced several instructional DVDs for beginning beekeepers.
Don O’Neill was born outside Chicago and raised in New Mexico where he attended high school with Ron Upshaw. He is currently single and lives in Seattle.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- DISGUSTING: Taxpayer-Funded CBC Puts Omar Khadr On…
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Paul Larsen Exits Global Okanagan