More than 11 million people tuned in to cable news Thursday for the testimonies of Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s and Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. Fox News Channel was the clear winner in terms of TV ratings, with its average of 5.7 million total viewers beating CNN and MSNBC’s hauls combined.
Below are Nielsen’s averages from the lengthy hearing, which ran from 10 a.m. ET to about 6:45 p.m. ET. The rankings are sorted in such a way that values overall eyeballs over viewers from the key demographic, so as to distinguish between MSNBC and CNN.
- Fox News Channel: 5,691,000 total viewers; 1,073,000 adults 25-54
- MSNBC: 2,892,000 total viewers; 464,000 adults 25-54
- CNN: 2,515,000 total viewers; 736,000 adults 25-54
Fox’s combined total tune-in win continued into primetime. See those averages below.
- FNC: 5,503,000 total viewers; 1,313,000 adults 25-54
- MSNBC: 3,176,000 total viewers; 721,000 adults 25-54
- CNN: 1,896,000 total viewers; 669,000 adults 25-54
As you can see, in 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. averages, MSNBC was No. 2 outright over CNN.
READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE AT TheWrap.com