Tony Tighe Leaving Global Calgary after 40-Year Career
By Staff, Global News Calgary Aug. 1 2018
Tighe started his broadcast career in radio; hosting his own high school radio show in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
That led him to study radio at Loyalist College, then travel west to Calgary where he started his investigative career at CJAY 92.
(Ed. note: Before Calgary Tighe wet his feet in BC Radio at CKOK Penticton and CKEK Cranbrook)
“Tony Tighe’s stellar reporting and support for community organizations have changed our city for the better,” Global Calgary news director and station manager Chris Bassett said. “No one can cut to the heart of a story like Tony and we have been honoured to work with him for so many years.”
In his 40-year career, Tighe has received numerous awards for his reports and investigations, including the 2002 Better Business Bureau Ethics Award.
In 2015, Tighe received the RTDNA Lifetime Achievement Award for his work.
TO READ MORE ABOUT THAT, AND THE REST OF THE STORY, CLICK HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- KJR Super Jock Charlie Brown dies at age 74….
- Plandemic The Movie (Part 1) – Interview with…
- RIP Gary Lockwood, KJR star from…
- RCMP grabbed Rebel reporter just before…
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. Feb. 24 – May 24 2020
- Victoria Radio Diary Ratings .. Spring 2020
- Trump Drags Scarborough Again Over Death of Intern…
- Master Of Misinformation – 5 times CBC spread…
- Recent Moves …… as of May 15th 2020
- Fake News Narrative With MSM Will Only Get Worse As…