Tony Tighe Leaving Global Calgary after 40-Year Career
By Staff, Global News Calgary Aug. 1 2018
Tighe started his broadcast career in radio; hosting his own high school radio show in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
That led him to study radio at Loyalist College, then travel west to Calgary where he started his investigative career at CJAY 92.
(Ed. note: Before Calgary Tighe wet his feet in BC Radio at CKOK Penticton and CKEK Cranbrook)
“Tony Tighe’s stellar reporting and support for community organizations have changed our city for the better,” Global Calgary news director and station manager Chris Bassett said. “No one can cut to the heart of a story like Tony and we have been honoured to work with him for so many years.”
In his 40-year career, Tighe has received numerous awards for his reports and investigations, including the 2002 Better Business Bureau Ethics Award.
In 2015, Tighe received the RTDNA Lifetime Achievement Award for his work.
TO READ MORE ABOUT THAT, AND THE REST OF THE STORY, CLICK HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…
- Calgary & Saskatchewan Broadcaster John Himpe…