Original Sportsnetter Daren Millard is Leaving
As a broadcaster with Sportsnet since its launch in 1998, there’s not many people more closely associated with the network than Daren Millard.
That’s about to change, as Millard announced on Wednesday that he’s leaving the network.
Millard was used in a variety of roles since Sportsnet’s inception. From work at the anchor desk on sports highlights shows, to hosting NHL games, to his radio show with Sportsnet 590 The Fan in Toronto – he’s done it all.
It’s not clear what’s next for Millard.
“As a Day 1’er I have always carried an extra pound of pride and it’s difficult to walk away from that,” Millard said. “I would like to recognize the producers, directors, camera operators and production crews I was blessed to work with. For many of us, this has been a long, incredible journey. It is one that I hope we are able to walk together again down the road.”
“For now I get to try something different. Just know that Sportsnet is special and you are lucky. I know that because I was for 20 years.”
Many of Millard’s colleagues, from both Sportsnet and TSN, reached out with well wishes on Twitter following his announcement.
See those messages HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Gayle King Wins, Norah O’Donnell Loses at…
- Paul Larsen Exits Global Okanagan