Fired radio host Dave Wheeler returns .. via Podcast from his Basement
Former 92.1 CITI FM morning radio host Dave Wheeler was back behind a microphone Monday morning, less than a week after he was axed from Winnipeg airwaves for making controversial comments about transgender people on air and in widely circulated private messages early last week.
But this time, the studio is in his basement.
He didn’t address the comments that got him fired, in which — in part — he compared transgender people to people pretending to be dogs in private messages. Rather he focused on standard morning-show fare — local news, sports, weather and pop culture.
“I’m not going to get into what you want me to get into. I can’t — not yet,” he said in the opening minutes of the 34-minute podcast, implying he might address the topic in the future.
Although he didn’t speak on his comments about transgender people, he did play a local musician’s parody of Lola by The Kinks, a 1971 rock song about an interaction between a man and a transgender woman.
“Boys will be girls and girls will be boys, it’s a mixed-up, overly sensitive world for my Wheeler,” musician Grant Leutschaft sings in the parody.
Read more HERE at the Winnipeg Free Press website
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- Updates on Stingray changes
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Edmonton at 96.3
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019