Chuck McCoy tells us Boyd Kozak is hanging up his mic!
Sharing Facebook Newsfeed from Chuck McCoy about the ‘Koz’ in now going to retire….
Following a career that spanned 60 years on the air, I’m told that Winnipeg radio legend Boyd Kozak has decided to retire. I became a fan of “Koz” in the early 60’s when he was doing PM drive at CKRC, Winnipeg. He was an entertainer, a personality and one of the DJs that I listened to and admired as a kid, at a time when I was just dreaming of becoming a DJ. His magic motivated me and many others to pursue a career in radio. I didn’t know Boyd at that time but I did have the honour of meeting him just a few years ago when I was consulting for QX 104 Winnipeg, Boyd’s last on-air stop. I thank you for your inspiration Boyd and wish you a long and fulfilling retirement.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- Updates on Stingray changes
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…