NPR is Beating Commercial NEWS/TALK in Top Markets
October 10, 2017
While NPR continues to dominate and grow its podcasting business, it doesn’t look as though it is forsaking its terrestrial station base. Last week Jarl Mohn, President and CEO of NPR laid out a declaration that should alarm many of America’s commercial news/talk stations in PPM markets.
Mohn’s goal is to have NPR’s News/Talk stations outperform commercial News/Talkers in all 50 PPM markets. NPR stations are well on their way as the leading radio news source in 20 of the 50 or so Nielsen PPM markets according to NPR..
In those 20 markets, NPR has more weekly cume listeners than their commercial news/talk competitors. If I were doing this in speech form, I would stop and repeat that sentence.
IN 20 MARKETS, NPR HAS MORE WEEKLY CUME LISTENERS THAN THEIR COMMERCIAL NEWS/TALK COMPETITORS.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!