NPR is Beating Commercial NEWS/TALK in Top Markets
October 10, 2017
While NPR continues to dominate and grow its podcasting business, it doesn’t look as though it is forsaking its terrestrial station base. Last week Jarl Mohn, President and CEO of NPR laid out a declaration that should alarm many of America’s commercial news/talk stations in PPM markets.
Mohn’s goal is to have NPR’s News/Talk stations outperform commercial News/Talkers in all 50 PPM markets. NPR stations are well on their way as the leading radio news source in 20 of the 50 or so Nielsen PPM markets according to NPR..
In those 20 markets, NPR has more weekly cume listeners than their commercial news/talk competitors. If I were doing this in speech form, I would stop and repeat that sentence.
IN 20 MARKETS, NPR HAS MORE WEEKLY CUME LISTENERS THAN THEIR COMMERCIAL NEWS/TALK COMPETITORS.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- Vancouver’s Radio Traffic Man Neil O’Brien dies
- Chuck Chandler dies in Victoria
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Vancouver PPM Radio Ratings .. Aug. 28 – Nov. 26 2017
- Bell Media Confirms Local Radio & TV Layoffs
- David Bray’s PPM Demo Breakouts .. VANCOUVER Nov. 2017
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Dave Sheldon Leaves Pulse 107.7 for Evenings on Sportsnet…