NPR is Beating Commercial NEWS/TALK in Top Markets
October 10, 2017
While NPR continues to dominate and grow its podcasting business, it doesn’t look as though it is forsaking its terrestrial station base. Last week Jarl Mohn, President and CEO of NPR laid out a declaration that should alarm many of America’s commercial news/talk stations in PPM markets.
Mohn’s goal is to have NPR’s News/Talk stations outperform commercial News/Talkers in all 50 PPM markets. NPR stations are well on their way as the leading radio news source in 20 of the 50 or so Nielsen PPM markets according to NPR..
In those 20 markets, NPR has more weekly cume listeners than their commercial news/talk competitors. If I were doing this in speech form, I would stop and repeat that sentence.
IN 20 MARKETS, NPR HAS MORE WEEKLY CUME LISTENERS THAN THEIR COMMERCIAL NEWS/TALK COMPETITORS.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Four more today! So far, 12 this week have been let go by JP
- Kasia Bodurka joins Global BC As New Weekend Weather…
- Vancouver Talk Show Giant Rafe Mair Dead at 85
- George Clooney Accused of Helping Blacklist Actress Who…
- Vancouver Canucks Radio Network Expands to 24 Stations
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- Larry’s baaaaaaaack! Joining Jack Again, next Tuesday
- Robin Farrell Returning to Victoria with Ocean 98.5
- Okanagan Oldies 103.9 FM is launching this fall
- Vancouver’s KiSS RADiO Becomes First Ever Fully…