NPR is Beating Commercial NEWS/TALK in Top Markets
October 10, 2017
While NPR continues to dominate and grow its podcasting business, it doesn’t look as though it is forsaking its terrestrial station base. Last week Jarl Mohn, President and CEO of NPR laid out a declaration that should alarm many of America’s commercial news/talk stations in PPM markets.
Mohn’s goal is to have NPR’s News/Talk stations outperform commercial News/Talkers in all 50 PPM markets. NPR stations are well on their way as the leading radio news source in 20 of the 50 or so Nielsen PPM markets according to NPR..
In those 20 markets, NPR has more weekly cume listeners than their commercial news/talk competitors. If I were doing this in speech form, I would stop and repeat that sentence.
IN 20 MARKETS, NPR HAS MORE WEEKLY CUME LISTENERS THAN THEIR COMMERCIAL NEWS/TALK COMPETITORS.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- TSN 1040’s Bro Jake Announces His Sign-Off
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- News 1130 Weather: Russ in the AM, Soon Kuss in the PM
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- JJ Richards, Former C-FUN, CKDA News Director, Dead at 88
- Bill Good Sparks Questions as Voice of New…
- Canadian Actor in ‘Dallas’ &…
- The Okanagan Valley’s 10 best radio personalities