40 Year Victoria Broadcaster Steve Duffy and C-FAX Part Company
He was on the air this morning, but word is it was his last shift at Bell Media’s C-FAX AM1070 Victoria. Steve Duffy, whose 40-year career in Victoria radio had left him with a salary near the top of the list, has been advised his services are no longer needed.
Steve came to CKDA AM 1220 in the late 1970’s, doing sports fulltime. In 1995 he was one of just three employees who went with the sale of the transmitter to OK Radio’s CKXM and 100.3 the Q. He was let go in the early 2000’s, and has been a member of the C-FAX newsroom for about the past decade. For much of that time Steve has been the number two voice on the Al Ferraby breakfast show, covering the sports and the headlines twice an hour, as well as contributing a daily sports comment.
Whether Steve’s termination is part of another wave of Bell downsizing is not clear. Other recent changes at C-FAX News include the fulltime hiring of radio news veteran Kim Emerson to do the morning news, the appointment of former morning anchor Ryan Price to the News Director’s position, and the addition of Kamloops radio veteran Sandy Bell to the newsroom staff.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- More on the Imminent Death of Roundhouse Radio