40 Year Victoria Broadcaster Steve Duffy and C-FAX Part Company
He was on the air this morning, but word is it was his last shift at Bell Media’s C-FAX AM1070 Victoria. Steve Duffy, whose 40-year career in Victoria radio had left him with a salary near the top of the list, has been advised his services are no longer needed.
Steve came to CKDA AM 1220 in the late 1970’s, doing sports fulltime. In 1995 he was one of just three employees who went with the sale of the transmitter to OK Radio’s CKXM and 100.3 the Q. He was let go in the early 2000’s, and has been a member of the C-FAX newsroom for about the past decade. For much of that time Steve has been the number two voice on the Al Ferraby breakfast show, covering the sports and the headlines twice an hour, as well as contributing a daily sports comment.
Whether Steve’s termination is part of another wave of Bell downsizing is not clear. Other recent changes at C-FAX News include the fulltime hiring of radio news veteran Kim Emerson to do the morning news, the appointment of former morning anchor Ryan Price to the News Director’s position, and the addition of Kamloops radio veteran Sandy Bell to the newsroom staff.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo