25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History - July 24th
- Veteran Journalist Tom Gould dies
- former CBC meteorologist Claire Martin is battling a rare form of cancer
- Is new NW PD Larry Gifford a Propagandist?
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History - July 23rd
- We came back! Did you miss us?
- BB King/Bobby 'Blue' Bland have today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. July 22nd
- Roger Ailes Resigns as Fox News Chief After Sexual Harassment Accusations
- North Easton sings about 'Change'
- Taylor Galvin joins the morning show at CFWE Edmonton
- Burton Cummings has today's almost forgotten track
- Intelligent, caring, dedicated people can work in this industry for a long time...
- Do you want CUSTOMERS or CLIENTS? – by Ryan Ghidoni
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. July 21st
- Justin Riley Named PD for Seattle's Power 93, KISS FM
- Gerry Forbes Celebrates 23 Years with Calgary's CjAY 92
- 2Day FM Niagara rebrands... Sort of
- Boom 99.7 new lineup about to take shape
- Roger Ailes Exit Talks Stall Over Him Acknowledging Responsibility
- A World-Wide Revolt is ON … Against Globalization’s Greed at the Top
- TV, Film Legend Garry Marshall (Happy Days, etc.) Dead at 81
- Shirley Ellis has today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. July 20th
- Breaking: Roger Ailes Out as Head of Fox News
ON THIS DAY in 1899 the actor known as Chief Dan George was born in North Vancouver. He had no contact with show biz until, late in life, he was cast as Old Antoine on CBC-TV’s drama series Cariboo Country (1961). He had big screen success in George Ryga’s Ecstacy of Rita Joe (1967), in Arthur Penn’s […]
Gould interviewed every prime minister from Louis St. Laurent to Brian Mulroney, as well as world leaders such as Deng Xiaoping, Alexander Haig and Indira Gandhi.
Former CBC Meteorologist Claire Martin talks about getting skin cancer on Steele & Drex on CKNW
Drex joins Steele in the afternoons
In 2011, acclaimed UK jazz/blues/soul singer/songwriter Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London flat at age 27, the victim of extreme alcohol poisoning. Her blood tested at 5 times the legal limit of alcohol for operation of a motor vehicle
Our techie Greg got back later this afternoon saying, the problem had become ‘Castastrophic’, meaning it would be time before our NewGlobal Internet provider could have us back up on line, because of the replacement of 4 New Drives,
North and his family have already packed their bags and the van which will bring them across Canada, landing on Vancouver Island where North was born and raised in Victoria.
Whether you’re in sales or creative, this one question will determine what kind of career you have.
On Friday July 15 2Day FM Niagara rebranded 101.1 FM to Juice FM. Previously 2Day aired on both 101.1 and 105.1FM. Vista had been told at one point by the CRTC to separate the signal and operate two separate stations because technically both frequencies are licensed for different areas. I’m not sure if the flip is related to that or they decided to make the change for other reasons.
For those that don’t know Tim Morgan of Q107 Calgary is on the move to take over mornings on Boom 99.7 and today Jon “Gonzo” Mark (pictured) announced on Facebook that he has signed an agreement to be the afternoon drive host
Ms. Kelly says Ailes’ unwanted advances occurred ten years ago.
“I talked to their family today and they’re so devastated, they cry every time we get on the phone,
Our connected world is a huge distraction to us. We all know that. We all know that we have become addicted to knowing what is happening in the world. Many of us get anxiety at the thought of being disconnected. We need to invest in ‘quality thinking time’. Time where we can be alone with ourselves and our thoughts. Clarity comes in these moments — our mind is able to surface the deep thoughts that are usually suppressed by the noise generated by our connected world. When we have time alone with our thoughts we are able to do deeper problem solving and creative work. High performance requires some time alone – disconnected from the world – to focus on the important tasks at hand. Plan some time each week, often early in the day and at the start of the week (cause our energies are higher after the recharging that takes place on the weekends). During this time turn off all distractions.
While Gretchen Carlson’s sexual-harassment lawsuit against Ailes sparked the investigation, sources say it has expanded into a wide-ranging inquiry into Ailes’s controversial management style.
As a sales trainer and revenue consultant, it’s my job to simplify the process of increasing sales. Sales is one of toughest, most character-building careers anyone could choose. PROSALESGUY Dave Warawa (pictured)
Jack Braverman, ‘one of the best I’ve ever hired’ says former radio man Mel Cooper….
The talk show host in the 1-3 pm slot M-F has in recent months had his show repeated daily from 6- 8 pm. So one would assume he had been held in somewhat high esteem.
A few years ago I was involved for a few years as emcee and stage manager of the London Bluesfest and, apart from being a weekend that had a cheque attached, the talent I got to work with was of the level that, of course, I would have done it for free…among the biggest thrills […]
IT WAS JULY 22nd … when the British sitcom that gave rise to CBS-TV’s ‘All in the Family’, ‘Till Death Us Do Part’ debuted on BBC-TV…
When a UK floating pirate radio station, “Swinging Scotland”, shut down for lack of funds…
When The Doors were guests on ABC-TV’s American Bandstand, performing “Crystal Ship” and “Light My Fire”…
.. and when a license for Kelowna’s second radio station CKIQ-1150 was approved by the CRTC.
ALL the milestones for July 22nd INSIDE.
Ailes’ exit marks the end of an era at Fox News Channel, the cable news landscape overall and at 21st Century Fox, where the news chief has enjoyed a long and close relationship with Rupert Murdoch. It was Murdoch’s idea to start a conservative cable news network more than 20 years ago, tapping Ailes, who shared Murdoch’s conservative ideology, to execute it
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Roger Kingkade sacked, Danielle Smith moves into the coveted
- Talk Show Host Ian Jessop Out at C-FAX 1070
- Is new NW PD Larry Gifford a Propagandist?
- Jennifer Thomson, Others ‘Restructured’ Out at…
- Pulse FM morning show duo gone
- Jody Vance and BT Part Ways?
- C-FAX Talk Show Shakeup
- CHEK TV 1987 Station Tour with Colleen Christie
- The highest billing salesman in Vancouver radio history has…
- Russell James gone from Rogers Vancouver, plus…