25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. October 1st
- Townes Van Zandt - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Seattle Radio PPM's ... Sept. 2014
- I heard it on the radio: Dylan & Jason, Raina, Ryder, Fearless Fred & Mel
- Apology to Justin Trudeau for Levants remarks
- Over NFL Protests, FCC Unanimously Eliminates TV Blackout Rule
- Casey Kasem's Final Resting Place STILL Unresolved
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 30th
- Spice Radio Launches on 1200AM in Vancouver
- Tales of brave ulysses - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Four CBC Broadcasters Earn an Average $485,000 Yearly, But Who Are They?
- CRTC to Ignore Netflix, Google Evidence After Data Refusal
- Sportsnet Unveils its $4.5 Million Hockey Studio
- Winnipeg DJ Who Went Missing Now Facing Sex Assault Charge
- CRTC Must BEWARE of a Shaw Trojan Horse
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 29th
- CRTC is doomed to lose the fight it's picked with Netflix
- Jessie Colin Young - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- San Francisco 'Radio Waves' w/Ben Fong-Torres
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 28th
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 27th
- Whistler's CKEE Applies for Repeater in North Van
- Voice Over Actor Ross Huguet Launches New Website
- Study: CRTC Should NOT Mandate Pick & Pay TV Channel Choice
- The Challenge of Selling Spots & Digital in a Digital World
A huge date in Canadian broadcasting, as the CTV network was born with stations from Vancouver to Halifax. CBC-FM also went coast to coast for the first time, and the CBC’s Montreal station produced Canada’s first colour telecast. Much More Music debuted on the country’s cablesystems; Vancouver’s CJOR moved down the dial to its longtime home at 600 KHz; Duncan BC got its own radio station as CKAY AM1500 debuted; the second national CBC radio network (The Dominion network) went dark as more national advertising migrated from radio to TV. STAR FM debuted with two transmitters in the Fraser Valley, and Calgary’s CFXL AM1140 (successor to Top 40 powerhouse CKXL) transitioned to FM. In Nanaimo, CKEG AM 1570 moved from a country format to ‘Feelgood Oldies.’
And it’s the birthday of radio tycoon Jimmy Pattison.
Details of these, and Johnny Carson’s first hosting of NBC’s ‘Tonight Show,’ indeed ALL the October 1st broadcast milestones INSIDE.
Jeremy Baker gets asked the question, why am I not on PSR?”
Come Inside to find out how you can be on Puget Sound Radio…
The NFL has warned that if the blackout rule is ended, it could mean even more games will move from free broadcast TV to pay TV; but opponents of the rule point out pro football games on broadcast remain highly rated and the licensing rights are extremely lucrative for the league and its 32 teams.
Cream were dubbed a supergroup, but the appellation only made sense to Brits who already had a handle on who Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were…
Come Inside for More…
Recent Comment suggests firing of Tenser was related to the PC Leadership campaign!?
Come Inside and Read More…
Townes Van Zandt was the poster boy for troubled but talented singer songwriter…
More good news for KQMV Movin’ in the #1 spot, and for KIRO and its AM sister station 710 ESPN, both of which benefitted from their carriage of the NFL champion Seattle Seahawks.
And a big jump for non-commercial Classical KING-FM. Now where did that come from?
Ezra Levant show narrator reads apology to Justin Trudeau for host’s on-air rant
Norwegian Funeral Home Refuses Wife Jean’s Burial Request courtesy AllAccess.com September 29, 2014 KERRI KASEM has notified her TWITTER followers that a funeral home in NORWAY has refused to bury the remains of legendary DJ CASEY KASEM. The daughter of KASEM orchestrated an effort to send over 20,000 signatures to the funeral home demanding that it deny […]
It’s the birthdate of Johnny Mathis, Angie Dickinson, Fran Drescher, Eric Stolz, Jenna Elfman, DJ Chuck Chandler and country music’s Marty Stuart.
The BBC finally started it’s own pop music station, and yet exactly five years later Radio Caroline resumed broadcasting it’s pirate radio servce. Vancouver’s 1410 AM radio station resumed using the C-FUN call sign it gave up for an ill conceived all-news service. The first World Series telecast was seen on the US East Coast, ‘Cheers’ and Red Skelton debuted on NBC-TV, ‘The Rifleman’, ‘The Flintstones’ and ‘Alias’ got started on ABC-TV; and ‘The Friendly Giant’ began its long run on CBC-TV.
Obits for Sept. 30th include James Dean, Edgar Bergen, Mary Ford, Freddy Martin, George Kirby. Al ‘Jazzbo’ Collins, and Barbara Ann Scott.
Come inside for the details and ALL the milestones for this date.
Get ready to spice up your life. From the creators of Rim Jhim, Canada’s first Indo-Canadian radio station, i.t. Media Broadcast (ITMB) introduced a spanking new format on 1200AM
Come Inside and Read More…
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- 630 CHED gives Dan Tencer the boot!
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. May 26 – Aug. 31 2014
- Greg Beharrell is Now on The Fox
- Edmonton Radio PPM’s – May 26 to August 31st…
- Vancouver TV News Ratings Race Tightening … Even More
- Jas Johal Quits Global TV
- Harvey Oberfeld: Where are the TV Anchors with Gravitas?
- Vista Radio Fires Three
- Christian Hall announces new line-up at X92.9 Calgary
- Vancouver PPM Ratings: the Demo Leaders