25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Tribute to Dave 'Ruby' Rubenstein
- USA Women's Win in Vancouver Sets Soccer TV Record
- Apple didn’t reinvent radio. It went back to the basics
- How/Why Media Hid KEY Part of Sinai Story From You
- Bob Dylan-1 by Dick Curtis
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. July 6th
- BBC Faces $1.01 Billion Bill as UK Gov't Shifts Welfare TV License Fees
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. July 5th
- Report Finds 16% of Canadians have Cut the Traditional TV Cord
- Veteran Vancouver Radio Newsies Brian Brenn & Terry Donnelly Hang Up Their Mics
- Prince George's Community Radio Station Grows Up
- Prime Time Sports host Bob McCown ‘is a little bit bored,’ plans to call it quits
- JULY the FOURTH in Broadcast History
- Jim Goddard talks with Jordan Bateman re: Translink 'No' vote
- ‘Canada in the Rough’ Banned on Canadian TV Because They Are All About Hunting & Guns
- Ouch!! 30 Rock Becomes the 'Comcast Building'
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. July 3rd
- The Impact Of Handwritten Thank-You Cards - PROSALESGUY
- Calgary's NEW 50,000 Watt AM Station, 'The Light'
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. July 2nd
- Taft returns next week with Greg Simpson
- Flag Flap Pulls 'Dukes' from TV Land
- The Greaseman on "Radio Station Production"
- Did Nielsen Kill The Radio Star?
- Oberfeld: Happy Canada Day …. Time for Harper to Go!
Matti Antilla remembers ‘Ruby’….
Very few broadcasters called a game with as much passion as Ruby. RIP Dave. (Cam Drew – Drew family once owned CKAY)
the game set a new record 15.2 rating among metered markets, the highest ever for a single network telecast of a soccer game in the U.S.
“A global super-station is really exciting,” says Tommy McFly, host of the morning show on 94.7 Fresh FM in Washington. “But people come to radio because they want that local feel.
It’s been fashionable for years in left-wing media like the CBC National and BBC World etc to ignore multiple rocket attacks against Israel …until they shoot back …and then make it look like the Israelis are the aggressors.
But last week, there was an appalling cover-up of what was actually happening in the Sinai against Egypt by ISIS … because the story exposed the truth of what Hamas and other terrorist groups shielded there have actually been up to lately. Just ask Egypt’s 70 dead soldier
Our friend Dick Curtis last shared about his time as Frank Sinatra’s road manager, a story of so much wealth and mystique living among the elitists of artists…. Today Dick presents his next assignment, that as Bob Dylan’s road manager….
IT WAS JULY 6th … when Canadian soprano Sarah Fischer sang 30 minutes of excerpts from Carmen in the first opera telecast by the BBC…
When following on years in supporting radio roles with Rudy Vallee, Paul Whiteman and Edgar Bergen, Judy Canova (pictured) began her own weekly comedy-and-music show on CBS…
When a hidden microphone eavesdropped on unsuspecting people for the first time, as Candid Microphone hit the ABC radio airwaves. Allen Funt was the host…
..and when Karen & Richard Carpenter hosted the debut of their summer series, Make Your Own Kind of Music, on NBC-TV.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
JULY 4, 2015 | 10:19PM PT by Leo Barraclough, Variety.com The BBC is facing the prospect of absorbing £650 million ($1.01 billion) in lost income as the U.K. government seeks to make the public broadcaster pay for television licenses for the elderly. At present, the Department for Work and Pensions picks up the bill for the 4.5 million TV […]
With the prevalence of TV content on the Internet and Netflix, Canadians are seeing less need to have a TV subscription.
Brian Brenn has given up his weekend co-hosting duties at News 1130, the station where it all began 51 years ago. And Terry Donnelly has retired from CBC Radio Vancouver where he has been a fixture for nearly 40 years.
Colleagues are skeptical he will cut the cord
The People Have Spoken – Democracy in Action!
Talk Digital Networks Jim Goddard of The Goddard Report talks with the man behind the Translink 62% NO Vote, Jordan Bateman, B.C. Director for the Canadian Taxpayers Federation
Despite the valued assistance of Brian Burk, President of Hockey Operations for the Calgary Flames, the Beasley Brothers still cannot find a Canadian television network willing to sell them airtime for their 100% Canadian content television show.
While the practice of sending mail might seem dated in light of current technology, here’s why such an easy, inexpensive gesture has returned to make such a big impact…
AM700 The Light Calgary, with a 50,000- watt daytime signal and owned by Touch Canada Broadcasting, launched June 29, six years after receiving CRTC approval.
Computer virus takes out taft contributor Greg Simpson this week…. Greg returns on Monday…
The Dukes of Hazzard originally aired on CBS from 1979-1985.
Did the smooth jazz format not encode properly for the PPM devices to properly detect?
Marcella Bernardo and Kerry Marshall are among the new faces joining Vancouver’s brand new radio station Roundhouse Radio…
The Commission’s preliminary view is that the Vancouver market would best be served by proposals targeting the ethnic communities. However, it does not preclude any other types of applications.
IT WAS JULY 5th … when Ann Southern starred on CBS Radio as Maisie for the first time, beginning a six-year run ….
When “My Favorite Husband”, starring Lucille Ball (pictured), debuted on CBS Radio, laying the groundwork for the redhead’s later superstardom on TV…
When Anne Murray hosted “The Midnight Special” on NBC-TV, singing five songs including “You Won’t See Me,” “Robbie’s Song For Jesus” and “He Thinks I Still Care”….
..and when the pilot episode of the landmark TV comedy”Seinfeld” aired on NBC.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE>
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CKNW Loses Michael Eckford
- VANCOUVER Radio Ratings … Numeris PPM’s .. March
- Lynda Steele to Host CKNW Afternoons Starting in September
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3 Vancouver Announces Senior News Team
- EDMONTON Radio Ratings…Numeris PPM’s .. March 2 –…
- CALGARY Radio Ratings .. Numeris PPM’s .. March 2…
- Canadian Broadcasters Secretly Used New Technology to Boost…
- Claire Spencer leaves big city radio, for now…
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis .. Vancouver .. June 2015
- Victoria Disc Jockey asks listeners about including…