25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- CRTC says no to Internet fast and slow lanes: Geist
- PSR ProSalesGuy Dave Warawa talks with Joseph Planta
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. Jan. 31st
- Seattle-based Talk Show Host Michael Medved Has Stage Three Cancer
- KGO Radio Taps 'another' ‘DreX’ For New Talk Show
- Corus Winnipeg Launches 97.5 BIG FM with Commercial-Free Weekend
- Danny Gatton has Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged with Murder After Running Over a Man
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Jan. 30th
- Winnipeg Powers down tonight for BiG 97.5
- Dennis Rimmer digs up some Saskatchewan radio history
- CRTC Allows U.S. Super Bowl Commercials Starting in 2017
- CBC Journalists Must Stop Taking Money for Speeches, Appearances
- Rod Stewart & Jeff Beck with 'Today's almost forgotten track'
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Jan. 29th
- CRTC To Announce New Regs for Local TV
- The Bright And Dark Side Of Super Bowl
- Portland's KOIN-TV Turns Off Comment Boards on Website
- Taylor Smith moves up to Edmonton's SONIC FM
- Leo Kottke has Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Whatcom County Upholds Denial of Radio Towers at Pt. Roberts
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Jan. 28th
- Meet the Cast of Corus Entertainment's 'Hockey Wives'
- CNN Surges on Charlie Hebdo Terrorist News, Fox News Still #1
- Westwood One presents the Super Bowl Sound Awards
The CRTC ruled that mobile television services effectively invoke both broadcast and telecom regulation, since a data connection is required to access the service
Come Inside and Read More…
Dave Warawa talks about his new Sales Book, plus sends out invitations to those who want to join in with our Free Webinar this Wednesday February 4th, at 12 NOON
Come Inside and Listen
Three years and a day after the radio debut of ‘The Lone Ranger,’ WXYZ Detroit introduced ‘The Green Hornet,’ which ran weekly for 16 years.
11-year-old Brenda Lee (pictured) made her T-V debut on ABC’s “Junior Ozark Jubilee.”
Julie Andrews, Henry Fonda, Rex Harrison and Jackie Gleason appeared in a two-hour CBS-TV special titled, “The Fabulous Fifties.”
And and newsman Edwin Newman retired after 35 years with NBC Radio & TV.
ALL the milestones for Jan. 31st INSIDE.
97.5 BIG FM will feature a classic mix of artists from the late ‘60s to the ‘90s that will include Manitoba natives Neil Young, The Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive and Tom Cochrane, as well as an extensive rock playlist from Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, U2, Billy Joel, John Mellencamp and many more.
Danny Gatton was a pretty hot guitarist but, sadly, died way too soon…
Come Inside, Listen and enjoy…
Corus moves and flips out of Manitoba…
just for starters… Come Inside and Read More…
Our friend and long time radio man Dennis Rimmer reports from the Saskatchewan prairies
Come Inside and Read More…
Owners of local stations have long argued the economic model for this service is badly broken. Advertising dollars alone, they say, are no longer sufficient to keep these stations profitable. The answer, they argue, is to allow owners of local channels to charge carriage fees to distributors.
From Nait to Corus Edmonton, and now over to Rogers…
Come Inside and Read about Taylor’s new gig…
The Whatcom County council announced that it was upholding a decision by the county hearing examiner to reject an application to build several radio transmission towers in Point Roberts, near the Tsawwassen border.
Multiple sources tell CANADALAND that Sun News Network (SNN), the Quebecor-owned cable news channel that launched in 2011, is on the verge of closing.
founded as the Collectors, then a name change to Chilliwack
Greg Simpson presents this ‘gem’ from yesteryear
Come Inside, listen and enjoy…
Ian Slipps off the Jack FM webpage
Victoria Morning Man Slipps has been fired!
Some of us know Michael Medved as a movie critic, others have been listening daily to his Salem Radio Network talk show, which originates in Seattle, and is carried there on KTTH AM 770, as well as a hundred other stations from Hawaii to the US East Coast. Today he announced that a serious health […]
“Drex brings a unique perspective to the News/Talk format and an uncanny ability to entertain and inform in his own engaging style.”
Come Inside and Read More…
By Anita Bennett, TheWrap.com January 30, 2015 Getty Images/Instagram .After arriving at the LA Police Department’s West Hollywood station with his attorney at 12:30amPT to speak with detectives, Knight was booked at 3amPT, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirms to TheWrap. His bail was set at $2 million. Hip-hop mogul Suge Knight argued with two men […]
This was the date ‘The Lone Ranger’ aired for the first time, from Detroit’s WXYZ radio.
Vancouver got its second TV station (first privately-owned) in CHAN, now known as Global TV.
NBC-TV introduced the anthology series ‘Robert Montgomery Presents’; the hour-long show would continue for 8 years.
And Mutual radio began airing ‘The Larry King Show’ from midnight to 5:30 am Eastern.
ALL the milestones for Jan. 30th INSIDE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Ian Slipp gets Pink Slipped @Victoria’s Jack FM
- 630 CHED gives Dan Tencer the boot!
- Sun News Network Breathing its Last Gasps?
- First Corus Winnipeg, followed by another round of layoffs…
- Rick Lee Exits Sonic Edmonton for Vancouver
- Pam Stevens leaves radio, for now!?
- Global TV anchor Leslie Roberts suspended
- C-FOX Jeff O’Neil Show Simulcast on NW Backfires:…
- Roy Green Show Dropped by NW .. in Favour of Radiolab
- The Master of the Morning Don Percy Retires