25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 10th
- Newcap brings Jason Manning back to Vancouver
- KIRO-TV's Chris Legeros Dead from Cancer at 62
- KRPI Again Loses over Pt. Roberts Towers
- Nielsen: Enhanced CBET as Good As Voltair
- Vin Scully Misses Dodgers Playoffs, recovering from 'Recommended Medical Procedure'
- Canada Caves on Copyright in TPP: Michael Geist
- Free has Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Election Reveals Racist Pandering By ALL Three Major Party Leaders
- Pat O'Day and Dick Curtis present The Rolling Stones
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 9th
- Could Podcasts Act as the Minor Leagues for Radio?
- Charles Adler to Host New Show on SiriusXM
- I heard it on the radio :: Kiah & Tara Jean, Nat & Drew, and Carly Walde
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 8th
- The Men Who Killed KGO, WABC, etc. etc.
- 'Down in the Boondocks' Billy Joe Royal Dies in his Sleep, age 73
- Roundhouse Is In The Air!
- Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach have today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 7th
- Did Nielsen & Voltair Rumble @ The Radio Show?
- CBC Edmonton launches new supper hour TV news
- TPP Will Break the Campaign Open (Oberfeld)
- Point Roberts Radio Towers Back in Court Wednesday
- Roundhouse Radio 98/3 Further Programming Announced
Born this date were Helen Hayes, Peter Coyote, Ivory Joe Hunter, Ben Vereen, Tanya Tucker, Mario Lopez, David Lee Roth and Thelonious Monk.
The first of 165 episodes of ’77 Sunset Strip’ aired on ABC-TV; ‘Zorro’ and later ‘The Geena Davis Show’ also had their premieres on ABC.
Frank Sinatra recorded his iconic ‘Come Fly With Me’; The Supremes appeared for the 1st time on CBS-TV’s ‘Ed Sullivan Show’; Queen released ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ as a single; Neil Diamond scored his first #1 hit with ‘Cracklin’ Rosie’; the BBC inexplicably banned the PG-rated ‘Monster Mash’; and Victoria got country music back when CKXM AM1200 signed on, replacing CKDA.
Obits Oct 10th include Redd Foxx, Eddie Cantor, Christopher Reeve, Alex Karras, Solomon Burke, and announcer Tony Marvin.
Details and ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Jason Manning to return to the west coast and a new gig …
During his two decades with KIRO7, when new reporters arrived, Chris helped explain what made the Northwest so special, and showed ways they could succeed.
The towers would have transmitted South Asian radio station KRPI, AM 1550, which broadcasts from studios in Richmond for a Lower Mainland audience.
For Nielsen it’s business as usual. The company says improving on the technology was already in the works
On the advice of his doctors, SCULLY will miss the DODGERS’ postseason games to rest up but is looking forward to returning in 2016.
The cost to Canadians will be enormous. If the New Zealand’s estimate is accurate, the cost to the public alone will easily exceed $100 million per year. Hundreds of well known Canadian authors and composers who died years ago will not have their work enter the public domain for decades.
Free were one of the 60s bands, like The Yardbirds, who set the template for what became 70s rock…
What a shame: all three major party leaders have pandered to racism, division …even segregation …during the election campaign. (Harvey Oberfeld)
Regrets!, he’s had a few… especially about leaving concert promotion. As a long time Seattle radio listener during the sixties, I first tuned into KOL 1300am when Lan Roberts first worked the station before the Worlds Fair in Seattle. When Lan moved over to KJR, I was soon to follow and was introduced to some of the greatest disc jockeys of all time, including Dick Curtis. Dick Memories opened up my memories, and for others who grew up during the sixties, I’m sure will not only retrigger some of those memories, and with great delight – Mike Easton
Come inside and read much more….
Many in radio lament the loss of weekend and overnight talent as a training ground, but AMPLIFI MEDIA Founder STEVE GOLDSTEIN says fret not, podcasts can fill that need.
Adler, who moved his family to B.C., will soon host “The Charles Adler Show” every weekday on SiriusXM’s Canada Talks (channel 167).
It is Election time…and if your social media feed is anything like mine, you’re inundated with GET OUT AND VOTE gooblygook. There is also some radio getting made.
Tara Jean over at Kiah & Tara Jean on JACK FM VANCOUVER wanted to get to the bottom of voter card mistakes! Then Kiah puts Tara Jean to work making voter cards.
The current ownership model for radio stations in which a few corporations own a huge number of stations in each market has been documented to be a dismal failure.
Well, the TPP will certainly bring the focus of the this election campaign BACK to the economy …and could make or break the campaign wide open: esp risky for the NDP.
What did all these teams have in common that propelled them to win and then continue winning?
It took exactly one conversation with a PD for Seanna Jefferson to get her first on air gig. I mean, sure, she had to bust her ass for a while before that conversation, but when the time came, even she was surprised and how quickly she got mic time
Ambrosia were one of the most underrated bands ever…not as musicians or writers or singers, but in terms of lasting success…
I am a top level Beach Boys fan, and, being such, revere Brian Wilson, but when he checked out for awhile the other members stepped forward and none more so than Dennis Wilson
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell Media Cuts includes Kevin Bell CTV Vancouver Island
- Global BC’s Changing Lineup
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. June 1- Aug 30, 2015
- Fiona Forbes joins Steve Darling as ‘Guest’ Host
- BC televsion news viewership shifting – Harvey…
- Edmonton Radio PPM’s .. June 1- Aug 30, 2015
- Brian Brenn, longtime Anchor at Vancouver’s News 1130,
- checking in on Drex, another co-host for Steve Darling
- Lynda Steele to Host CKNW Afternoons Starting in September
- The Systematic Dismantling of the Once-Dominant News/Talk…