25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 7th
- Bombshells from the Ghomeshi Defence
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 6th
- CKLW Aircheck late 60's early 70's - Wow!
- Clear Sky Cranbrook seeks News Supervisor/Anchor/Reporter
- Second Ghomeshi Complainant Admits Friendly Post-Assault Contacts
- JP Relaunches CHIQ as 94.3 The Drive in Winnipeg
- Jesse Colin Young has today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 5th
- Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White Passes
- CFNY FM; ain't your average radio clone
- Joe Alaskey, Voice of Bugs Bunny, Sylvester and Daffy Duck, Dies at 63
- Al Ford, Treena Wood Acquire National Responsibilities
- Steve Miller has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 4th
- Dana Hutchings Leaves CHEK to Join Social Agency Helping Those with Disabilities
- Dave Sims of Westwood One Sports & Seattle Mariner Baseball, Battling Prostate Cancer
- 'Bob & Ray's' Bob Elliott Dies at 92
- What BC By-elections and Iowa Caucus Results Have in Common
- The Gourds have today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 3rd
- 'The One' in Leduc looking for PD/On Air Personality
- Donovan features Red Robinson early day airchecks this week
- Why are you in such a rush? by Paul Kaye
- Roxy Music has today's almost forgotten track
Jane Fonda made her TV acting debut in the NBC’ movie for television ‘A String of Beads,’ which she credits for being considered for more serious film roles.
Comedian Richard Pryor guested on Tom Jones’ first variety hour for ATV in the UK.
Gladys Knight and the Pips (pictured), Carol Channing and Sid Caesar headlined ‘The Ed Sullivan Show’ on CBS-TV.
And Robin Williams starred in the pilot movie about ‘Mork & MIndy.’ The ABC-TV series began the following September.
ALL the milestones for Feb. 7th INSIDE.
Sad to say, Lucy DeCoutere let us down. But so, too, did the Crown and the police who did a disastrous job in preparing this case for trial.
Frank Sinatra debuted as star of the ‘Lucky Strike Hit Parade’ on CBS radio,
The final episode of the talking horse comedy ‘Mr. Ed’ (with Vancouver’s Alan Young) aired on CBS-TV.
One of OTR’s last dramatic gasps ‘CBS Mystery Theatre’ (airing 5 times a week) had its premiere.
And Simon Fraser University’s CJSF-FM began testing at 90.1 MHz; its official launch was a week later on Valentines Day.
ALL the milestones for Feb. 6th INSIDE.
Thanks to James Knight and Radio Jingles and Airchecks for this CKLW Aircheck…. its no wonder the Big Eight was Solid Number ONE! The late Byron MacGregor, brother of Hudson Mack is also heard doing one of his newscasts…. enjoy!
Summit 107 is Cranbrook’s new radio station serving the East Kootenay, Elk Valley and Columbia Valley with dedicated FM frequencies in Cranbrook/Kimberley, Invermere, Fernie and Sparwood, BC.
Lucy DeCoutere has testified that the 48-year-old CBC Radio host started choking and slapping her in the face without warning while they were kissing at his home in the summer of 2003.
From FAB to The Drive will continue to deliver all of the greatest hits from the 70s and 80s, and you can look forward to being entertained every day by the NEW morning show team, Kerri Salki and Trevor Gowen. Mid-days will be hosted by Alix Michaels and the Drive hosted by veteran Kelly Parker. The Drive promises to be fun, interactive upbeat, energetic, and local. And in addition to great music, 94.3 The Drive is committed to making a lasting impression on Winnipeggers by connecting to our community.
Most people, if pressed, would only be able to come up with one song by The Youngbloods, and little wonder as Get Together was and remains an all time classic and standard, but Jesse Colin Young and his bandmates had a few others, most notably this one, which has been covered by a number of fine performers…
David Marsden, CFNY FM’s program director (1978-1987) Watch the documentary, CFNY FM: ain’t your average radio clone: by Karim Mosna
Al Ford in Vancouver takes oversight on all Rogers stations with the Jack format and Sonic 102.9. Treena Wood in Vancouver heads up the News format on six Rogers stations.
We’re now into week 4 of this feature, and let me start off with a request to the listening audience. So far, I’ve pulled material from my collection of scoped airchecks. While there’s more to come, a good number of my offerings are unscoped. Some radio historians and aircheck purists prefer it this way, but the bulk of aircheck aficionados couldn’t be bothered with the music
More people will notice you when you succeed at what you’re doing now than when you accept a promotion that came too early
P. R. News Release courtesy BroadcasterMagazine.com 2016-02-01 After joining the airwaves in February 1996 as Vancouver’s first 24-hour news station, NEWS 1130 continues to be the Lower Mainland’s go-to source for breaking news, traffic, weather, and sports. Beginning Friday, Feb. 5, the station will kick off a month-long celebration to commemorate its 20 years on […]
If you’re like many of our online sales training clients in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, you’re doing your best to deal with a challenging economy. Low commodity prices are having an impact in virtually every industry across Western Canada.
This week, we take a radio journey across Western Canada, starting in 1977 and ending in 1988 with these radio personalities, Michael W. Morgan, Sean Rosvold, Dan Williams and Len Thuesen
Radio legends like Don Prentice, Brian “Frosty” Forst and the late Bob Harkins began their broadcast careers at the station
Puget Sound Radio is the most read radio board in Canada with over 2 million annual page views
On average we surpass 60,000 Sessions with over 30,000 ‘Unique’ monthly users (Source: Google Analytics)
85 years ago today comedian Eddie Cantor’s illustrious radio career got underway as he made an appearance on Rudy Vallee’s “The Fleischmann Hour” on NBC.
Two decades later the Fifth Emmy Awards gave top honors to I Love Lucy, Thomas Mitchell and Helen Hayes.
Also this date ‘The Smothers Brothers Comedy Show’ debuted on CBS-TV, and the 200th episode of ‘Married with Children’ aired on FOX-TV.
ALL the milestones for Feb. 5th INSIDE.
courtesy AllAccess.com February 4, 2016 at 3:05 PM (PT) Maurice White EARTH, WIND & FIRE Co-Founder MAURICE WHITE died in his sleep THURSDAY morning at the age of 74, TMZ and other media outlets report. He fought a long battle with PARKINSON’s, which was originally diagnosed in 1992 and forced […]
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Kid Carson and KiSS have parted ways…
- Randi Chase and Kid Carson Show part company
- Michael Kuss joins Global BC
- Global BC’s Changing Lineup
- Kid Exits, NOW Randi Chase Returns to KiSS Mornings
- Forbes & Marshall Out at Victoria’s Ocean 98.5
- Rogers has 200 more cuts coming in February
- Corus Entertainment Buys Shaw Media in $2.65B Deal
- Shaw Sale of Global TV to Corus NOT Good NEWS! : Oberfeld
- All New Ocean 98.5 Morning Show with A.J. & Lisa D