25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Signing off: Bill Good Reflects on 50 Years in Broadcasting
- New Imaging for Kelowna's Q 103.1
- NEW: Calgary's 90.3 AMP Doubles Down on Music
- Shaw Buys Colorado Data Center Biz for $1.2 Billion
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 1st
- The Gap Band - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Darren Brown Moves from APD/MD To PD at CRUZ
- CRTC Approves Clear Sky Radio's Acquisition of CKVN-FM Lethbridge, Alberta
- (Programming) 40 Secrets from Successful Morning Shows
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. July 31st
- This Mortal Coil - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Kelsey Lehman Moves To Middays At Virgin 104.9
- Oberfeld: EVERYONE Who Truly Supports Democracy Should Back Israel Against Terrorists
- Andrew Chang Replacing Gloria Macarenko as CBC Vancouver TV News Anchor
- Will There Ever Be Another 'Seinfeld'?
- Job Interviews are a Two Way Street
- 86-yr old Dodgers' Voice Vin Scully will Return for His 66th Season
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. July 30th
- Smith - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith over 'Insensitive' Domestic Violence Talk
- I heard it on the radio: Who did it best?
- Award-winning radio voice Tarzan Dan is also a dance photographer on the rise
- RIP Reverend Rod Booth, ex-broadcaster
- LA Dodgers are #1, but 70% of Fans Can't Access Their Games on TV
- Clear Sky Radio Awarded new FM Radio Station in Cranbrook and the East Kootenay
Yes. As a youngster, I watched my dad, who was a very prominent sports broadcaster, travel the world, meet interesting people, always seeming to be having a good time and being well compensated for it. My mother says when I was four years old I was speaking into a spoon pretending it was a microphone, so there was never any doubt in my mind what I wanted to do.
Read More Inside…
Kelowna’s Hotest Hits Turns Up The Heat Against Sun FM
90.3 AMP in Calgary has embarked on a bold new strategy to present Calgary with a radio station that actually plays twice as many songs. The station is now branded as “Twice The Music”,
07/31/2014 by Etan Vlessing, HollywoodReporter,com The “Big Brother Canada” broadcaster is looking to boost its data center and cloud computing revenues as part of a purchase deal with Oak Hill Capital Partners. . TORONTO – Shaw Communications is expanding its data center business by acquiring Colorado-based ViaWest for $1.2 billion. The bid by the western […]
A big congrats to Darren Brown who is set to take over the PD role at CRUZ Edmonton, where he’s currently APD/MD.
Paul Larsen and Clear Sky Radio are on a roll… CRTC approves another application
Dave Warawa our ProSalesGuy talks about the Questions….
Clear Sky moves into British Columbia’s Kootenays!
It’s the date Tempestt Bledsoe of The Cosby Show was born, along with rocksters Jerry Garcia and Tim Bachman, plus actors Arthur Hill and Henry Jones,
CKWX signed on in Vancouver from the Belmont Hotel, CKDA Victoria moved down the dial to 1280 Khz, Duncan’s CKAY Radio became SUN-FM, Johnny Cash signed with Columbia Records, ‘Good Times’ aired its final episode on CBS-TV, and WMCA radio in New York City published its first record chart.
The Beatles’ ‘A Hard Days Night’ was #1, the Rolling Stones played the London Palladium for the first time, and Roy Orbison recorded his future smash, ‘Oh Pretty Woman.’
Details and ALL the milestones for Aug. 1st INSIDE.
In Greg Simpson’s series…
The Wilson Brothers, who were the heart of The Gap Band, signed to a larger label
Steve Reynolds shares tips with RadioInk about successful morning radio shows
Read More Inside
It’s the date of birth for Dallas Cowboy’s’ owner Mark Cuban, actors Don Murray and Dean Cain, singer Gary Lewis and sportscaster Curt Gowdy.
‘Jack Armstrong the All-American Boy’ debuted on the radio, Leeza Gibbons debuted on TV’s Entertainment Tonight, Vancouver’s AM 600 debuted a new Standards format, CBC Newsworld debuted on Canadian cablesystems, anchor Chet Huntley reitred from NBC-TV, and Alanis Morissette started a Canadian tour in Vancouver.
Signing off for the last time were Mitch Miller, singers Jim Reeves and Anne Shelton, bandleader Enoch Light, and Bill Raisch, the one-armed man on TV’s The Fugitive.
See all the July 31st milestones INSIDE.