25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. May 30th
- “Tributes” Flow As Imus Ends FBN Simulcast
- Has the CRTC Nothing Better to Do?
- Country Radioman Backtracks on 'Cut Female singers' Advice
- How Scott Pelley Saved CBS Evening News
- CFAX's James Gardner in Long Queue for Transgender Surgery
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. May 29th
- Evidence Revealed: Voltair Improves PPM Ratings
- Lethbridge Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Winnipeg Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Red Deer Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Regina Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Kelowna Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Saskatoon Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Kamloops Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Prince George Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Victoria Radio Ratings ... Spring 2015
- Boz Scaggs has today's almost Forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. May 28th
- Evening Host Jolene Leaves KISW After 11 Years
- We're In the Golden Age of TV. So Why Not the Golden Age of Radio
- Mobile customers can now bargain like never before
- Marianne Faithfull has Today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. May 27th
- Who likely will shine in TV election debate?
IT WAS MAY 30th … when America’s Town Meeting debuted on NBC Blue (the predecessor to ABC radio). First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the debaters on the opener…
When the first major league network baseball telecast saw Cleveland down the Chicago White Sox 7-2…
When future Canadian superstar Anne Murray signed a contract with C-B-C-TV’s “Singalong Jubilee.’ She would be paid between $71.50 and $99 per show …
..and when CKPG-AM (Prince George) and its news-talk format gave way at noon, to replacement FM station CKDV 99.3 “The Drive” with a classic rock format.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Imus hosted the final FOX Business Networktelevision simulcast of his daily WABC/New York-Westwood One morning radio show today
It’s not like Canadian fans caught just eight of the Top 10, but they did miss a few key minutes of David Letterman’s farewell. And the country’s broadcast regulator wants to know why, and what the cable companies plan to do about it.
The CBS show saw audience growth for the fifth consecutive season, the first time any network evening news broadcast has done that since 1987.
Three years ago, the 56-year-old C-FAX newsperson transitioned from being “Sheila” to being “James.” While Gardner is glad to have finally made his transition public, what he wants now is genital surgery to complete the change.
IT WAS MAY 29th … when the soon-to-be-popular daytime soap ‘When a Girl Marries’ debuted on CBS Radio. It moved to NBC in 1941 and to ABC in 1951 for a total run of 18 years….
When Allen Funt’s “Candid Camera,” which began on radio as “Candid Microphone,” debuted on NBC TV….
When 20-year-old Barbra Streisand made an appearance on CBS TV’s “The Garry Moore Show”…
..and when 16-year-old Michael J. Fox (pictured) made his professional acting debut in the CBC TV series “Leo and Me.”
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
For months now, NTS MediaOnline Today has been following the ongoing controversy over the accuracy of Nielsen Audio’s PPM ratings system, and a box called Voltair that reportedly helps overcome alleged deficiencies in PPM.
Country 95.5 continues atop A 12+, but Classic Hits CJOC is charging hard, moving into 2nd place,
CJOB slips to 2nd behind CBC Radio One A 12+, whille the Jets playoff run benefits TSN 1290.
KRAZE 101.3 was the big winner in the past 12 months, rising from #6 to #1 A 12+. Falling off almost as dramatically was KG Country, as well as rocker Zed 98.9.
Z99 and CBK Radio One consolidated their spots atop the A 12+ chart, while 104.9 The Wolf took a horrendous tumble.
Country 100.7 took a big tumble in the A 12+ chart, as did 99.9 Sun FM. But it was a great book for Power 104 and News 1150.
C 95 still well out on top A 12+, but Rock 102 is gaining on them.
CBC’s Radio One didn’t add audience in rising to top spot, but longtime market leader Newstalk radio NL tumbled down to 2nd place. Only big winner in the past year was B 100, ‘Kamloops’ at work station.’
CBC Radio One made big gains, 99.3 The Drive was the big loser.
CBC Radio One still on top A12+….98.5 The Ocean posted solid gains.
Boz Scaggs recorded a blues album for Atlantic, famously featuring an undiscovered Duane Allman
IT WAS MAY 28th … when The Temptations headlined CBS-TV’s Ed Sullivan Show, along with pop singers Robert Goulet and Jane Morgan …
When The Association made their TV debut on CBS’s “Smothers Bro
More companies are producing television content, while fewer are producing radio content. Seth Resler opines.
While the change is not news to the industry – it was announced in December 2013, the beginning of carriers offering a maximum of two year contracts – there is anecdotal evidence, according to Business News Network, that carriers are willing to negotiate some unprecedented deals with high-value customers leading up to June 3.
She claims to see “75 planes spraying white stuff into the sky on her 15 minute drive to work.” (Kylie Jenner)… Much More Inside…
“It has been 36 hours of fantastic situations of learning at the BCAB.
… We saw speaker after speaker, presentation after presentation, and a
few panels, that presented us with tons of information, tons of
challenges, tons of opportunities to go back to our business … and
think about it possibly in a different light”. – James Stewart (Pictured left), BCAB
Our very own Donovan Tildesley was not only a guest speaker at this years event, but provides us with this report…
Consumers lodged hundreds of complaints against telecom companies between January and August of 2013. Here are six of the more unusual complaints, obtained by The Canadian Press through an Access to Information request
A vital part of the sales cycle for B2B Salespeople rests on the creation and presentation of the sales proposal. Based on the true needs of your client, the proposal is the culmination of the hard work, patience, and talent of the Salesperson. When crafted with skill and diligence, your written proposal has the ability […]
Consultant clarifies ‘tomato’ remark amid backlash, death threats by Beverly Keel, Tennessean.com May 28, 2015 Carrie Underwood, left, and Miranda Lambert perform during the 2014 CMT Awards show at Bridgestone Arena (Photo: Larry McCormack / The Tennessean) The radio consultant who sparked a controversy on (Nashville’s) Music Row this week with his advice […]
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CKNW Loses Michael Eckford
- 110 Job Cuts by Rogers Media; Red Ink Ends OMNI Newscasts
- Mark Patric New GM of Jim Pattison Vancouver Broadcast…
- Rogers Presides Over ‘Hockey Night’s’…
- Victoria Radio Ratings … Spring 2015
- BCIT Reunion was a great success!
- Abbotsford Radio Host Struck & Killed by Car
- Hey CRTC! What does he know about radio? – How did he…
- Kelowna Radio Ratings… Spring 2015
- Cosby Show Actress says Bill ‘Drugged, then Raped…