25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Welcome back to the airwaves Patrick Nicholson
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 2nd
- Joni Mitchell - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Christian Hall announces new line-up at X92.9 Calgary
- ITV Channel 13, Cable 8 Edmonton 40 years ago
- Why Does Country Music Radio Ignore Women Artists?
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 1st
- Max Headroom - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- San Francisco 'Radio Waves' with Ben Fong Torres
- If Negotiation, Mediation Won’t Work, then Binding Arbitration is the Answer!
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. August 31st
- Joan Rivers on Life Support .. But Family Remains Hopeful
- CRUZ fm stations in Edmonton & Red Deer looking for weekend announcers
- Derek Wills the New Radio Voice of the Calgary Flames
- 95.7 Sun FM Powell River Flips
- Sharon Mallon's Last Morning Break on CFCW
- The Nail in HD Radio’s Coffin – and what it Means For You!
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. August 30th
- 'Ross Voice' Huguet "Road to Rampage - The Journey Begins
- 630 CHED says Farewell, Ed! by Bob Layton
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. August 29th
- Carl Perkins and Friends - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Joan Rivers Hospitalized After Going Into Cardiac Arrest
- Bullet-proof Vest Fails to save 'Cops' TV Crew Member, Hit by Stray Bullet
- Team 1040/Team 1410 Officially Rebranded 'TSN Radio' Sept. 8
An incredible, miraculous turnaround for long-time radio man in Parksville
It’s Happy Birthday to Mark Harmon, Keanu Reeves, Salma Hayek, Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Clanton.
Fiteen Minutes with Bing Crosby debuted on CBS radio, Andy Williams and The Bobettes performed on ABC-TV’s American Bandstand, The CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite expanded to 30 minutes, NBC-TV cancelled Star Trek, Vancouver’s talk station CJOR became Classic Rock CHRX, Victoria’s CJVI flipped to FM, replaced on AM by Camosun College’s ‘The Village 900,’ Elvis Presley was in West Hollywood to record his second LP, while Hootie and the Blowfish made their TV debut on David Letterman’s late night NBC show.
And Bob Denver of Gilligan’s Island fame died.
ALL the milestones for Sept. 2nd will be found INSIDE.
If you’re a parent of a teen aged daughter going through the usual adolescent angst, the best advice I can give you is to buy her a copy of Joni Mitchell’s Blue album
New line-up sees Tyler Middleton move into mornings with Lynch…
The year was 1974 when Edmonton and the world welcomed ITV with syndicated shows such as SCTV. Come Inside for this glowing history…
When the Canadian Country Music Association Awards are held this weekend, not a single woman will be nominated in the show’s big three categories.
After 6 years as Sun FM, Powell River has a new radio station…
It’s the date of birth for Dr. Phil McGraw, Vancouverites Yvonne De Carlo and Jim Conrad, singers Conway Twitty and Gloria Estefan, plus Lily Tomlin and Jack Benny’s Don Wilson.
CKNW signed on for the first time at 1230 KHz, Toronto’s CFRB moved to its longterm home at 1010 KHz, both Edmonton and Vancouver got their third local TV stations, Art Linkletter began simulcasting his popular daytime radio show ‘House Party’ on CBS-TV, and both ‘Gunsmoke’ and ‘I Dream of Jeannie’ ended their lengthy TV runs.
Details of these and ALL the Sept. 1st milestones INSIDE.
Matt Frewer is a pretty well known actor (Intelligence on the CBC for example)
‘Turn Up the Radio!’ book will rock music lovers By Ben Fong-Torres, San Francisco Chronicle Sunday, August 31, 2014 Kevin Klein, the new morning host for Live 105. Photo: CBS Radio I ignored Harvey Kubernik’slatest book for a while, perhaps just because of its title: “Turn Up the Radio! Rock, Pop, and Roll in Los Angeles […]
It is a form of child abuse when ANY kid is denied going to school because his parents or guardians are fighting over custody
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CKNW shakes up programming, adds DJ Drex to roster
- James ‘Gruff’ Gushnowski Move is to Leduc, not…
- Dr. Sport: Don Taylor Speaks Up on Leaving Sportsnet
- Calgary’s 90.3 AMP’s Steve Jones Interviewed on…
- Gruff Leaves CFCW
- Don Taylor and Rogers Sportsnet Part Ways
- Chris Gailus/Jay Durant Anchor CKNW Morning News
- Greg Beharrell is Now on The Fox
- Jann Arden says radio station’s QuickHitz ‘massacring’
- Troy Scott to move to HOT 107 as New PD