25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- A Star Studded Wedding Press Release
- Sirius XM Canada Looking at a Purchase Offer
- X-Files Smoking Man talks with Martin Strong of Roundhouse Radio
- New Voices for Seattle Sounders TV & Radio
- KING-TV to Debut New Studio Tomorrow
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 12th
- Bubba The Love Sponge is coming to Canada
- Matthew McBride's Van. Island Stations are on the CRTC's 'Naughty List'
- In Deal with Fox, DiSH Network Agrees to Disable Ad-Skipping for First 7 Days
- Spencer Davis Group has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 11th
- Aural Intercourse with Darlene Check by Dennis Rimmer
- The Drive in Prince George looking for Part Time Personality
- Two Vancouver Radio Vets Join PULSE FM
- The Shuttering of Local News by Ken Regan
- Townes Van Zandt has today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb. 10th
- Cream has Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Donovan presents Chris Brookes “The Radio Rolled Me” CBC Radio, 1990
- Improv-eing multi-player shows! by Paul Kaye
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Feb 9th
- Rafe Mair Blasts Christy Clark on Drex Live
- Remembering the launch of NEWS 1130, 20 years ago today
- Audio Active Advertising – Episode 4: Gathering Great Client Info
- Jefferson Airplane and Seattle's Signe Toly Anderson with T.A.F.T.
For the first time in Western Manitoba broadcasting history a wedding was held live on the radio. 94.7 Star FM
Shares of Sirius XM Canada Holdings, which owns Sirius XM Canada Inc, rose 16 percent to C$4.26 in morning trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Roundhouse Radio’s Martin Strong interviews William B. Davis aka The Smoking Man from The X Files
FOX Sports’ Keith Costigan is the Sounders play-by-play broadcaster for TV, and longtime pre-match radio host Matt Johnson will do play by play on the radio
The new building is at the Home Plate Center in the South of Downtown neighborhood. KING’s first broadcast from its new home will be Saturday at 7 a.m
It’s the date that Calvin Coolidge made the first US presidential political speech on radio.
When Winnipeg’s CKY moved up the dial from 910 KHz to 780.
When Vancouver’s CKWX was authorized to increase power from 100 watts to a whopping 1,000 watts.
When the comic strip superhero ‘Superman’ made his first appearance on radio via New York’s WOR.
And when actor Nicholas Colasanto (pictured), who played Coach on NBC-TV’s Cheers, died of a heart ailment partway through the the third season of the sitcom at age 61.
Details and ALL the milestones for Feb. 12th INSIDE.
According to radioinsight starting on Feb 22 Extra 90.5 in Peterborough will add the shock jock to its lineup of syndicated programming
The stations have not filed a pile of required paperwork, e.g. annual returns, submission of radio monitoring material, response to requests for information and Canadian content.
“As part of the settlement, Dish’s AutoHop commercial-skipping functionality will not be available for owned and affiliated Fox stations until seven days after a program first airs.”
What you’re about to see here is the most soulful teenager of his time, who rarely had his name on the label until much later in his career…here he is the true talent in a band named after another member, and through Traffic and Blind Faith he was just a very important band member…there was […]
When Darlene Check left Queen Elizabeth High School in Edmonton with her diploma, she was dead set on obtaining a university degree and perhaps going on to law school. Then, while trudging through a year of arts and science classes, she started to have second thoughts. Her mind drifted back to high school, when a famous Edmonton broadcaster by the name of Brian Hall visited her school
We need a part time utility player on our team! The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group in Prince George is looking for a versatile talent who can pull off a locally focused, compelling and engaging show on Prince George’s Classic Hits, 99.3 The Drive. You’ll be doing weekends and vacation relief.
Vancouver Veteran Broadcasters Terry Reid and Jack Marion join PULSE FM for Morning Show…
As CEO of the CKUA Radio Network – an independent and listener funded broadcaster in Alberta – I am watching with interest the CRTC hearings into local and community broadcasting. The views expressed here do not represent the official position of CKUA, although there may be cohesion within our station and our Board of Directors for at least some of the sentiments expressed – Ken Regan (Pictured)
A documentary produced for CBC Radio in 1990, all about Canadian radio which includes a clip on Tarzan Dan (pictured) and the CBC…come inside and listen…
How do you prepare teams for this? And how should PD’s or Producers prepare themselves to guide the team through this? Try looking outside of radio
You can be different!
You can transform yourself from “pest like the rest” to “trusted marketing consultant” by learning how to gather great info directly from your clients
P. R. News Release courtesy BroadcasterMagazine.com 2016-02-01 After joining the airwaves in February 1996 as Vancouver’s first 24-hour news station, NEWS 1130 continues to be the Lower Mainland’s go-to source for breaking news, traffic, weather, and sports. Beginning Friday, Feb. 5, the station will kick off a month-long celebration to commemorate its 20 years on […]
Radio legends like Don Prentice, Brian “Frosty” Forst and the late Bob Harkins began their broadcast careers at the station
Puget Sound Radio is the most read radio board in Canada with over 2 million annual page views
On average we surpass 60,000 Sessions with over 30,000 ‘Unique’ monthly users (Source: Google Analytics)
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Randi Chase and Kid Carson Show part company
- Kid Carson and KiSS have parted ways…
- Michael Kuss joins Global BC
- Global BC’s Changing Lineup
- Forbes & Marshall Out at Victoria’s Ocean 98.5
- Rogers has 200 more cuts coming in February
- Shaw Sale of Global TV to Corus NOT Good NEWS! : Oberfeld
- All New Ocean 98.5 Morning Show with A.J. & Lisa D
- Two Vancouver Radio Vets Join PULSE FM
- Postmedia Merges Newsrooms in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary,…