25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 18th
- Drex talks with the 'other side' of the Global Warming Issue!
- Jeff Healy & The Band to be Inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame
- CNN's 'Crossfire' is Toast ... Again
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 17th
- Laura Nyro - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Vista Radio Fires Three
- Vancouver TV News Ratings Race Tightening … Even More
- Clear Channel Changes Name to iHeart Media
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 16th
- Alan Parsons Project - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Labor Board Orders CNN to Rehire 100 Fired Employees
- Tamagi goes for two in row.... Congratulations Mark!
- Nielsen streaming radio measurement in the wings
- Mark Tamagi scores again with 'The One'
- A veteran. A returnee. A newbie. All share a passion for radio
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 15th
- Dion - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Why did the Websters not recognize Harvey Oberfeld?
- The Geopolitics of World War III
- CRTC Under Pressure to Shut Down Punjabi Pirates from US
- San Francisco Radio Waves w/ Ben Fong-Torres
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 14th
- CBC Execs Tell CRTC it can no longer Afford to be Free
- Joseph Planta talks with Drex on The Commentary
Robert Blake, Jason Sudeikis, Jack Warden, Jada Pinkett Smith, Fred Willard, Frankie Avalon, James Marsden and June Foray all were born on this date.
‘Roving Mike’ began its 50 year run on CKNW, Victoria’s CKDA moved up the dial to 1220 and doubled its power to 10,000 watts, CBS radio came into being with an initial 16 stations, CBC’s international service was authorized in Ottawa, ‘Toast of the Town’ on CBS-TV became ‘The Ed Sullivan Show’, and ‘Wagon Train’ began its 8 year run on NBC-TV.
Ken Burns opened his 18.5 hour documentary ‘Baseball’ on PBS, ‘I Dream of Jeannie’ and ‘Get Smart’ debuted the same evening on NBC-TV, and ‘WKRP in Cincinnati’ had its premiere on CBS-TV.
Details and ALL the Sept. 18th milestones INSIDE.
No, We Are NOT Responsible for Global Warming…
Dr. Timothy Ball begins this series with Drex on CKNW
The late Jeff Healey, the blind blues-rock singer who played guitar on his lap, and The Band, which featured Canadians Robbie Robertson, Rick Danko, Garth Hudson and Richard Manuel, as well as American Levon Helm, are the two musical honorees to be inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame on Oct. 18.
A publicist from CNN describes it like this: “The program is on extended hiatus.” Sources say staffers from “Crossfire” are being absorbed into “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.” In fact, CNN personnel from other shows are making room for staffers from “Crossfire.”
Laura Nyro is one of the most unique and innovative songwriters of all time…
Come Inside to Watch and Listen for More….
Relived of duties from Vista Radio Kevin Einarson, Doug Zackodnick and Gord Gauvin
In their advertising promotion Global now claims THREE TIMES the number of viewers of their closest competitor (CTV). But what they DON’T tell you is that they USED to regularly draw FIVE AND EVEN SIX TIMES their closest rival
The National Labor Relations Board has ordered CNN to rehire 100 workers and compensate 200 others for a labor dispute that originated in 2003.
The CRTC released the Public Hearing date to review the application to bring Ponoka it first and only FM Radio station
The Commission approves an application by Blackgold Broadcasting Inc. for a broadcasting license to operate an English-language commercial FM radio station to serve Spruce Grove and Stony Plain.
Come Inside and Read More…
Tencer a sport fanatic once hosted a nightly sports show for 630 CHED before entering the fray of commercial talk radio
Read More Inside…
It’s the date of birth for John Ritter, Kyle Chandler, Jerry Colonna, Hank Williams, Bill Black and Anne Bancroft.
ABC debuted the TV series ‘Home Improvement’, ‘Spin City’, ‘The Fugitive’ and ‘Battestar Gallactica’; CBS premieres included ‘M*A*S*H’, ‘Bewitched’, ‘Hogan’s Heroes’ and ‘The Smothers Brothers Show’; while NBC-TV showcased the first episodes of ‘MacMillan & Wife’, ‘The Perry Como Show’, and ‘Car 54 Where Are You’.
CIVT became Vancouver’s new station carried on cable channel 9; Pat Boone’s Ain’t That a Shame was #1; Frank Sinatra waxed his final sides for Mitch Miller and Columbia records, while Tennessee Ernie Ford taped his signature hit, ‘Sixteen Tons’ for the Capitol label.
ALL the milestones for Sept. 17th will be found INSIDE.
September 16, 2014 at 5:50 AM (PT courtesy AllAccess.com CLEAR CHANNEL has become iHEARTMEDIA, “reflecting the company¹s success in becoming a one-of-a-kind multi-platform media company with unparalleled reach and impact,” writes the company. The newly named company includes a wide range of advertising-supported, consumer-focused media businesses, including 859 radio stations in over 150 markets; iHEARTMEDIA […]
It’s the date that gave us Amy Poehler, Jennifer Tilly, Ed Begley Jr., Lawrence Dobkin. Allen Funt, B.B. King and Maverick’s Jack Kelly.
Starting their TV runs this day were ‘Miami Vice’, ‘Frasier’, and ‘The Dean Martin Show’ on NBC; ‘Shindig’ and ‘The Outer Limits’ on ABC,
and ‘Wiseguy’ and ‘The Bob Newhart Show’ on CBS.
Canadian-born Jenny Jones began a syndicated talk show that lasted 12 years. and the CBC started ‘The Fifth Estate’ which has so far run for nearly 40 years.
Enrocio Caruso recorded for the final time, and Tommy Dorsey waxed his swing classic ‘Boogie Woogie.’
Taking their final bows Sept. 16th were Mary Travers, James Gregory, Sheb Wooley, Jack Dodson of ‘The Andy Griffith Show,’ and radio quizmaster Roy Ward Dickson, who died in retirement in Victoria.
Find ALL the dates and milestones INSIDE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- 630 CHED gives Dan Tencer the boot!
- Gruff’ Moves into Mornings on ‘The One’
- Greg Beharrell is Now on The Fox
- Calgary’s 90.3 AMP’s Steve Jones Interviewed on…
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. May 26 – Aug. 31 2014
- Edmonton Radio PPM’s – May 26 to August 31st…
- Sean Burke heads to mornings on CFCW
- Harvey Oberfeld: Where are the TV Anchors with Gravitas?
- Christian Hall announces new line-up at X92.9 Calgary
- Troy Scott to move to HOT 107 as New PD