25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- The Science of a Great Break, by Paul Kaye
- Gerry Rafferty has today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 27th
- PROSALESGUY - Emotional Intelligence Leads to Sales Success
- Netflix-like Canadian Streaming Service 'Shomi' Throws in the Towel
- Harmonium has today's almost forgotten track
- from the Herald, A fond 'Ver-well' to Calgary radio icon
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 26th
- Arnold Palmer: Early TV's 'King of Golf' Passes at 87
- Broadcast Journalist George Orr denied run for BC Green Party seat!
- After 22 Years, Jane Pauley to Replace Charles Osgood on CBS Sunday Morning
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 25th
- Who Is Hillary Rodham Clinton?
- Caroline Hunter Returning to Radio Life on 99.9 BOB FM
- SATURDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 24th
- Oberfeld: Trudeau dished out pablum … served up in a childlike la-di–da speech at UN
- NAB Marconi Award winners announced last night
- Latest Job Submission for Morning Host/Producer in Fort St. John, B.C.
- The Kinks have today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 23rd
- Terry and Susan Jacks in Hospital Fighting Serious Health Issues
- The Secret to LONG TERM Radio Advertising by Ryan Ghidoni
- The Sonics have today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Sept. 22nd
- Edmonton's HOT 107 Voted Best Radio Station
Science is fact. You can’t argue with facts. Therefore we should turn to science to help guide us. Often when we talk about great content people share nothing more than their opinion or belief about why it was a success.
The name Gerry Rafferty means one thing to most people and that would be his classic Baker Street, or for those who know his history, Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealer’s Wheel, but long before Baker Street, he incorporated his folk roots with pop on a number of fine songs including this one..
Celebrities born this date include Randy Bachman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jayne Meadows, William Conrad, Greg Morris, Wilford Brimley, and Meat Loaf.
John Palmer replaced Chris Wallace as news anchor of NBC’s Today Show; Steve Allen (pictured) started his run as first host of NBC’s Tonight Show; Dolly Parton’s short-lived variety show debuted on ABC-TV; Patti Page had the #1 song with ‘I Went to Your Wedding’; the Beach Boys performed on CBS-TV’s Ed Sullivan Show; and Bob Dylan had a concert at Carnegie Hall.
Taking their final curtain call Sept. 27th were actors Lloyd Nolan and Robert Montgomery, song and dance man Donald O’Connor, British entertainer Gracie Fields, and John Facenda, the mellifluous original voice of NFL films.
Details and ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
There are over 60 qualities of successful Salespeople that lead to success. Luckily, you don’t need all 60 to succeed.
For $8.99 per month, shomi allowed Canadians to watch a huge selection of TV programming and movies on numerous platforms for Rogers and Shaw TV subscribers.
Harmonium may be the most successful Canadian band that most music fans of today have never heard of…they were from Quebec, recorded in French, and were, to many, our nation’s Genesis…
Veronelly’s slot in the Odd Squad has been filled by former Country 105 afternoon jock Roger Rhodes.
This date gave us Marty Robbins, Julie London, Olivia Newton John, Kent McCord, and Linda Hamilton.
Vancouver’s CKWX opened a newly-built state-of-the-art radio facility on Burrard Street (pictured); Paul Anka and Roseanne Barr had their stars unveiled on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.; the first Nixon-Kennedy Presidential Debate was staged; ‘Beverly Hillbillies’, ‘Gilligan’s Island,’ ‘Jake and the Fatman’ and the original ‘Hawaii Five-Oh’ began their runs on CBS;’The Brady Bunch’ debuted on ABC-TV. and ‘Knight Rider’ began its run on NBC.
Obits Sept. 26th include actors Richard Mulligan (of ‘Empty Nest’) and Charles Correll (of radio’s ‘Amos ‘n’ Andy’), bandleader Billy Vaughn, singer Robert Palmer, and the boop-boop-a-doop girl Helen Kane.
Specifics of ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
Palmer was a man ..and a great golfer .. who connected with the masses, who related to kids, the hourly wage employee, the CEO — and Presidents.
Joseph Planta of The Commentary talks with Broadcast Journalist George Orr (Pictured) about his stepping forward to run as a B.C. Green candidate in North Vancouver
Osgood, 83, announced his retirement plan last month, and Sunday was his final program
With the first Presidential debate coming up this Monday. Its time to take a look at the Clintons, and politics, Clinton Style! Banned Documentaries – Episode 1: The Hillary Files
The veteran radio broadcaster is coming out of retirement to join the on-air team at 99.9 BOB FM.
Canada’s media may have rooted for the “home” team when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited the UN …but let’s keep it real.
Trudeau drew very little attention …and his obvious fawning does NOT bode well for current negotiations with China.
NTS Media On Line covers the NAB Awards from Nashville
Moose FM is Looking for a Morning Host/Producer. Details Inside
Terry, 72, was transferred to Lions Gate Hospital while he recuperates from another stroke, while Susan, 68, has been in Surrey Memorial Hospital for several weeks with kidney problems.
See larger returns when you break your ad goals into smaller attainable steps.
According to his bio on the CBC website, Milewski has worked in 30 countries over 30 years with the broadcaster. And early on he worked in private radio news in Victoria.
Money Laundering began with Bill Clinton, as Governor of Arkansas – Lots of people have died in trying to expose this corrupt family
There is something magnetic about winners; they possess qualities that grab our attention and pull us toward them. Spotting a winner isn’t difficult; they stand out in a crowd. Always! But why is that? What makes them stand out? The answer is simple…
Newcap radio in Red Deer is on the hunt for a new General Sales Manager
Red started working as a disc jockey at the age of 16 at CJOR Vancouver, and was was one of the first DJs to play Elvis Presley and Buddy Holly…
Puget Sound Radio is the most read radio board in Canada with over 2 million annual page views
On average we surpass 60,000 Sessions with over 30,000 ‘Unique’ monthly users (Source: Google Analytics)
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver PPMs: May 30, 2016 – August 28, 2016…
- Jody Vance to join CKNW as a ‘fill-in’ host
- CTV and Global in Furious Fall Fight for Fans by Harvey…
- Kathy Kennedy Let Go from 680 CJOB
- Calgary’s Country 105’s Doug Veronelly hangs up…
- Roger Kingkade sacked, Danielle Smith moves into the coveted
- Edmonton PPMs: May 30, 2016 – August 28, 2016…
- Calgary PPMs: May 30, 2016 – August 28, 2016 (Numeris)
- Winnipeg Welcomes Back Power 97
- Mark D leaves Edmonton for the Peak in Vancouver