25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- CFAX's James Gardner in Long Queue for Transgender Surgery
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. May 29th
- Evidence Revealed: Voltair Improves PPM Ratings
- Lethbridge Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Winnipeg Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Red Deer Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Regina Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Kelowna Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Saskatoon Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Kamloops Radio Ratings... Spring 2015
- Prince George Radio Ratings .. Spring 2015
- Victoria Radio Ratings ... Spring 2015
- Boz Scaggs has today's almost Forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. May 28th
- Evening Host Jolene Leaves KISW After 11 Years
- We're In the Golden Age of TV. So Why Not the Golden Age of Radio
- Mobile customers can now bargain like never before
- Marianne Faithfull has Today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. May 27th
- Who likely will shine in TV election debate?
- A Kardashian Stumbles Upon a Chemtrail
- Brian Lilley on the Media Party's bias...
- Genesis has Today Almost forgotten track
- Was B. B. King Poisoned?
- Wife Won't Face Elder Abuse Charges in Death of Casey Kasem
IT WAS MAY 29th … when the popular daytime soap opera When a Girl Marries was first heard on CBS Radio. It moved to NBC in 1941 and to ABC in 1951 for a total run of 18 years….
When Allen Funt’s “Candid Camera,” which began on radio as “Candid Microphone,” debuted on NBC TV….
When 20-year-old Barbra Streisand made an appearance on CBS TV’s “The Garry Moore Show”…
..and when 16-year-old Michael J. Fox (pictured) made his professional acting debut in the CBC TV series “Leo and Me.”
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE.
For months now, NTS MediaOnline Today has been following the ongoing controversy over the accuracy of Nielsen Audio’s PPM ratings system, and a box called Voltair that reportedly helps overcome alleged deficiencies in PPM.
Country 95.5 continues atop A 12+, but Classic Hits CJOC is charging hard, moving into 2nd place,
CJOB slips to 2nd behind CBC Radio One A 12+, whille the Jets playoff run benefits TSN 1290.
KRAZE 101.3 was the big winner in the past 12 months, rising from #6 to #1 A 12+. Falling off almost as dramatically was KG Country, as well as rocker Zed 98.9.
Z99 and CBK Radio One consolidated their spots atop the A 12+ chart, while 104.9 The Wolf took a horrendous tumble.
Country 100.7 took a big tumble in the A 12+ chart, as did 99.9 Sun FM. But it was a great book for Power 104 and News 1150.
C 95 still well out on top A 12+, but Rock 102 is gaining on them.
CBC’s Radio One didn’t add audience in rising to top spot, but longtime market leader Newstalk radio NL tumbled down to 2nd place. Only big winner in the past year was B 100, ‘Kamloops’ at work station.’
CBC Radio One made big gains, 99.3 The Drive was the big loser.
CBC Radio One still on top A12+….98.5 The Ocean posted solid gains.
Boz Scaggs recorded a blues album for Atlantic, famously featuring an undiscovered Duane Allman
IT WAS MAY 28th … when The Temptations headlined CBS-TV’s Ed Sullivan Show, along with pop singers Robert Goulet and Jane Morgan …
When The Association made their TV debut on CBS’s “Smothers Bro
More companies are producing television content, while fewer are producing radio content. Seth Resler opines.
While the change is not news to the industry – it was announced in December 2013, the beginning of carriers offering a maximum of two year contracts – there is anecdotal evidence, according to Business News Network, that carriers are willing to negotiate some unprecedented deals with high-value customers leading up to June 3.
She claims to see “75 planes spraying white stuff into the sky on her 15 minute drive to work.” (Kylie Jenner)… Much More Inside…
“It has been 36 hours of fantastic situations of learning at the BCAB.
… We saw speaker after speaker, presentation after presentation, and a
few panels, that presented us with tons of information, tons of
challenges, tons of opportunities to go back to our business … and
think about it possibly in a different light”. – James Stewart (Pictured left), BCAB
Our very own Donovan Tildesley was not only a guest speaker at this years event, but provides us with this report…
Consumers lodged hundreds of complaints against telecom companies between January and August of 2013. Here are six of the more unusual complaints, obtained by The Canadian Press through an Access to Information request
A vital part of the sales cycle for B2B Salespeople rests on the creation and presentation of the sales proposal. Based on the true needs of your client, the proposal is the culmination of the hard work, patience, and talent of the Salesperson. When crafted with skill and diligence, your written proposal has the ability […]
For more than 50 years, the BCAB has been recognizing the “Best in Province” for radio and television commercials, station imaging, community service and news reporting.
There’s only one sex-change clinic in Canada . courtesy CTVNews.ca Staff Published Thursday, May 28, 2015 . The public’s understanding about transgender issues has grown in recent years, thanks in part to people like former U.S. Olympian Bruce Jenner coming forward. But while awareness is growing in Canada, so are the waiting lists for surgery. […]
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CKNW Loses Michael Eckford
- Edmonton’s BT Cancelled according to Ryan…
- 110 Job Cuts by Rogers Media; Red Ink Ends OMNI Newscasts
- Mark Patric New GM of Jim Pattison Vancouver Broadcast…
- Rogers Presides Over ‘Hockey Night’s’…
- BCIT Reunion was a great success!
- Abbotsford Radio Host Struck & Killed by Car
- Hey CRTC! What does he know about radio? – How did he…
- Victoria Radio Ratings … Spring 2015
- Pepper & Dylan gone from Virgin Edmonton