25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- I heard it on the radio :: Docc Andrews, Charles Adler, Simi Sara
- Lavern Baker - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Long Ignored Rape Allegations Starting to Affect Bill Cosby's Career
- Younger Listeners Help Drive Country Music's Success
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 31st
- Baxter’s Back On Bay Area Airwaves
- The 2014 Jack Webster Awards Winners and Finalist
- Trailer Park Boys Actress First Named Ghomeshi Accuser
- Jack Webster Revisited with Grace McCarthy and Mike Harcourt
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3 Hires Director of Programming
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 30th
- Tinsley Ellis - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Why It's Harder to Believe the Worst of a Host .. Like Ghomeshi
- Research Director Inc. Analyzes SEATTLE PPM's .. Oct. 2014
- Former Pt. Alberni, Courtenay, Vancouver Broadcaster George Cowie Dead at 75
- Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Don Shafer to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award at CMW 2015
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Oct. 29th
- How radio helped John Tory get elected Mayor of Toronto
- Movin' 92.5 Continues to Grow Atop Seattle PPM's; KIRO AM & FM Also UP
- BJ Thomas - Today's Almost Forgotten Track
- Joseph Planta Talks with Brian 'Frosty' Forst
- The Best Clients Give You The Most Sales - PROSALESGUY
- CBC Wins Broadcast Rights for 2018, 2020 Olympics
- Jian Ghomeshi's $55 Million Lawsuit Against CBC Considered a PR Move
By Jeremy Baker October 31st, 2014 Happy Halloween radio friends! So many great costumes bouncing around the information superhighway today…I liked this staff pic out of Sonic 102.9 in DEADmonton…but Ryder’s Sexy Crayon…is sexy. And weirdly…exceptionally viral? Sex sells…and no photoshop. #ShushtheBrush. *** Unreal week in Canadian news. Last week we had the attack […]
Many people think of this song as a Black Oak Arkansas tune, which it was, but the original was recorded by one of the great r’n’b stars of the 50s, Lavern Baker…
Bill Cosby faced his first accuser in 2000, but was hit with the brunt of the rape allegations in 2004, when 13 women stepped forward to accuse the comedian of having improper relationships.
The modern country music audience, which includes fans of artists such as CARRIE UNDERWOOD, RASCAL FLATTS and TAYLOR SWIFT, skews toward women under 49 years old.
It’s the date of birth of broadcasters Dan Rather and Jane Pauley, singers Dale Evans and Ethel Waters, actors Michael Landon, Barbara Bel Geddes, Ken Wahl and John Candy, and rapper Vanilla Ice.
Vancouver’s CHAN-TV (now Global) signed on for the first time; NBC televised ‘Carmen’ as the first opera ever aired ‘in living color’; the 100th episode of ‘The Odd Couple’ was seen on ABC; and Alive Cooper hosted ‘The Monstrous Munster Mash’ marathon on superstation WGN.
Bing Crosby’s ‘White Xmas’ began an 11 week run at #1; the Rolling Stones played Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto; and Barry McGuire sang ‘Eve of Destruction’ on CBS-TV’s Ed Sullivan Show.
ALL the milestones for Oct. 31st INSIDE.
Brian Coxford wins Bruce Hutchison Lifetime Achievement Award and long time radio broadcast journalist Allen Garr wins City Mike Award…
“Trailer Park Boys” actor Lucy DeCoutere has accused former CBC-Radio host Jian Ghomeshi of choking her “to the point she could not breathe” and slapping her “hard three times on the side of her head.”
The Royal BC Museum in Victoria has been collecting provincial radio and television shows and now have a Youtube channel for some real classics, including this one…
Roundhouse Radio has hired Tracey Friesen as Director of Programming at Vancouver’s newest radio station, expected to go on the air Spring of 2015.
Happy birthday to Grace Slick, Henry Winkler, Kevin Pollak, Harry Hamlin, Glee’s Matthew Morrison and Cash Cab’s Ben Bailey.
It’s the day CBS radio listeners were terrified by Orson Welles ‘War of the Worlds’; the 100th episode of ‘Cheers’ was aired on NBC-TV, and 4 years later the same network broadcast the 100th episode of ‘Matlock.’
Roy Orbison’s ‘Oh, Pretty Woman’ became a Gold Record. and Frank Sinatra recorded ‘My Way.’
Leaving us on Oct. 30th were Steve Allen, Robert Goulet, Pert Kelton, John Houseman, and Vancouver-born actor John Drainie.
ALL the milestones for this date INSIDE.
There are so many great bands working the blues circuit and earning good money just because they are great…
Come Inside, Watch and Listen…
Seattle-Tacoma: Movin’ In The Right Diretion This is the tenth book of the year and HUBBARD Top 40/M KQMV (MOVIN) has been #1 in seven of them. This was the fourth in a row, and the station had its highest share in over a year (6.3-6.8). ENTERCOM Active Rock KISW was up for the third […]
Don Shafer will be honoured for his achievements and longstanding career in broadcasting with the Allan Waters Broadcast Lifetime Achievement Award. The induction ceremony will take place during the Canadian Radio Music Awards luncheon being presented by Bell Media, on Friday, May 8, 2015 at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel.
We have come to a realization. For the past three years, our company has offered sales training and sales consulting services across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. We have worked with many clients, all in different business categories – agriculture, media, advertising and marketing, oil and gas supply, product distribution, manufacturing and hospitality. Despite the […]
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- 630 CHED gives Dan Tencer the boot!
- Hockey Night in Canada: How CBC lost it all
- CKNW Kills Last Remnant of Sportstalk
- Q Host Jian Ghomeshi Says He was Fired Over “Rough…
- 99.3 The Fox Vancouver Re-Brands back to CFOX
- BBM now NUMERIS asking for FREE Radio ads
- KJR Super Jock Kevin (Metheny) O’Brien Dies Suddenly
- Dr. Sport: Don Taylor Speaks Up on Leaving Sportsnet
- CBC ‘Hourglass’ and CKVU ‘Vancouver…
- Steve Zimmerman Exits K-97 Morning crew