25 Most Recent Posts on PSR
- Led Zeppelin Saga by Dick Curtis
- The Left Banke have today's almost forgotten track
- FRIDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 28th
- Are Your People Safe?
- Bob Dylan has today's almost forgotten track
- THURSDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 27th
- RIP CBC's Bob Switzer, longtime Western Gardener/Canadian Gardener, Dead at 86
- Virginia Reporter & Her Cameraman Shot Dead on Live TV
- The Fleetwoods have today's almost forgotten track
- WEDNESDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 26th
- Global BC's Changing Lineup
- Seattle's KTTH Taps Todd Herman For Afternoons
- Randy Lennox to be President, Entertainment Production & Broadcasting at Bell Media
- CTV (& TSN) Sports President Phil King Leaving Bell Media
- Troy Scott leaves Harvard Edmonton for Health & Virgin Reasons in Winnipeg
- The Characteristics of Great Talent by Paul Kaye
- ELO has today's almost forgotten track
- TUESDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 25th
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Sets All-Time US Cable Ratings Debut Record
- Ross McLaughlin to Replace Lynda Steele as CTV Vancouver Consumer Guru
- Drew Dalby's 'Off-Mic Podcast' talks with Adam Wylde
- Brenda Holloway has today's almost forgotten tracks
- MONDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 24th
- Actress Melody Patterson, Best Known for 'F-Troop,' has Died, aged 66
- SUNDAY in Broadcast History .. Aug. 23rd
By Dick Curtis PSR Contributor Friday August 28th, 2015 Copyright © 2006 by Dick Curtis Speaking of weed brings to mind Tampa Stadium. This time I was on my own and flying into Tampa to meet with the Stadium authority about bringing Led Zeppelin to town. Terry Bassett had first come to know these […]
There are many one hit wonders and, occasionally, two hit wonders…today’s band are part of the latter group but the vast majority of people, when hearing the name of The Left Banke, think only of Walk Away Renee…
IT WAS AUG. 28th .. when radio’s first commercial was heard on WEAF in New York, as announcer H.M. Blackwell touted Hawthorne Court, a group of apartment buildings in Queens. The realty company had bought 10 minutes of commercial air time for $100…
When 16 years after leaving the air Canada’s Happy Gang musical troupe reunited for two sold out reunion concerts at Toronto’s Canadian National Exhibition…
When the 40th Annual Emmy Awards gave top honors to 30something, The Wonder Years and Richard Kiley…
..and when The Jamie Foxx Show began its 4-and-a-half-year run on the WB network.
ALL the milestones for Aug. 28th INSIDE!
Police in Moneta, Va.,are searching for a suspect who opened fire on reporter Alison Parker,24, and cameraman Adam Ward, 27.
Robin Stickley, Sophie Lui, Jay Durant and Anne Drewa all have new assignments.
Lennox will oversee all of Bell Media’s English independent and in-house entertainment productions for conventional, specialty, pay television, and digital media,
Since 2010, Mr. King had been president of CTV and sports programming for Bell, one of the most prominent jobs in Canadian media.
How do you spot talent that has the potential to be great? It’s a question I get asked a lot; and the answers are plentiful;
Paul has the answers inside…
NEWS RELEASE 2015-08-24 courtesy BroadcasterMagazine.com Continuing its long tradition of helping viewers make informed decisions about the products and issues that affect their pocketbooks, CTV Vancouver today announced the launch of the all-new consumer news segment, “McLaughlin On Your Side”. Kicking off Tuesday, Sept. 8 on CTV News at Six, award-winning investigative and consumer affairs […]
He claims that he’s not a talented guy, which is hard to believe considering the amount of success he’s had across Canada
Over the years I worked three national tours for the band but the “Hotel California” tour was by far my favorite…
Joe Walsh left the group he’d formed in Colorado called “Joe Walsh & Barnstorm” and became a part of Eagles in the mid-seventies. (Dick Curtis)
Test, 123, test, test, test….
testing…. testing….. test, test, test….. soundin’ fine here Paul
Talk Digital Network’s Jim Goddard of the Goddard Report talks with Vancouver radio icon Brian Frosty Forst about what is going on in the industry today…
Puget Sound Radio was informed Brand Manager Ian Koenigsfest was escorted out of the Black Tower today to be replaced by an American Consultant name Larry Gifford…. read more inside…
Rock 101 Vancouver has dropped the “Classic” moniker
In light of the tragic shooting in Roanoke yesterday, it’s important to remember to be vigilant and take precautions against attacks of all kinds. Broadcasters make very attractive targets for terrorists and others who want to make a statement.
In 1965 Bob Dylan went to Britain for a legendary tour that earned him tons of press, much of it negative because he was touring with a band…
IT WAS AUG. 27th … when CBLT Toronto moved down the dial from Channel 9 to Channel 6…
When the country program that had first showcased the likes of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Johnny Horton and Lefty Frizell, ‘Louisiana Hayride,’ aired for the last time on KWKH/1130 AM in Shreveport…
When singer Connie Francis signed in as the celebrity mystery guest on CBS-TV’s panel show ‘What’s My Line?’…
..and when Diane Sawyer became the fifth reporter on the top-rated TV newsmagazine, ’60 Minutes,’ alongside (pictured) Mike Wallace, Morley Safer, Harry Reasoner and Ed Bradley.
ALL the milestones for the date INSIDE!
Bob SWITZER.. Obit as appeared in Vancouver Sun/Province Aug. 26th August 26, 1928 – July 14, 2015 Bob Switzer, CBC’s beloved “Canadian Gardener” died on Gambier Island amidst the tenderness of family, his flowers and hummingbirds. He had planned many more adventures with Joley, his wife of 32 years. His steadfastness, lively conversation and […]
The Fleetwoods didn’t have a lot of hits, but the ones they had them kept them working for decades.
IT WAS AUG. 26th … when pioneer Calgary radio station CHCQ became CFAC, its third set of new call letters in three months…
When Ted Rogers Sr. manufactured the world’s first commercial AC (alternating current) known tube…
When the radio program “Arch Oboler’s Plays” featured the NBC Symphony as the musical backdrop for the drama, “This Lonely Heart”….
..and when Red Barber (pictured) announced the first televised baseball games — on experimental TV station W2XBS in New York, the predecessor to WNBC. Brooklyn Dodgers hosted Cincinnati Reds in a doubleheader.
ALL the milestones for Aug. 26th INSIDE!
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CKNW Dumps Koenigsfest – Sean Leslie Quits
- Matt & Eric Exit Jack FM Calgary
- Jim Goddard talks with Brian ‘Frosty’ Forst…
- Changes @Pattison’s up! in Edmonton. Jason Roberts let
- Global BC’s Changing Lineup
- Tarzan Dan & KOOL FM Calgary Part Ways…
- CTV Has Best July EVER: Global Prepares to Revamp by Harvey…
- NW Drops Sports Entirely?
- Bill Good joins News 1130 CKWX
- Sean Leslie’s ‘Changing Careers’ Post on…