Danielle Smith announces departure from Corus radio

By Danielle Smith 770 CHQR

January 11, 2021

I took a walk in the snow and I decided it’s time to go. I’ll be leaving the radio stations and Corus next month. This is my decision. I know many of you will be disappointed so I’ll try my best to explain why.

The nearly six years I’ve spent in radio have been some of the most gratifying in my career. Together we’ve explored nearly every topic imaginable from hard news, to emerging technologies that will transform how we use energy, to unusual occupations and interests — who knew there was such a thing as an apple detective? — to providing a platform and voice for those who are otherwise powerless.

READ MORE: Danielle Smith’s commentaries on 770 CHQR

I’ve always taken my guidance on topics from you and you’ve never let me down.

But something’s changed for me.

Read More and Watch Video HERE

Published on January 11, 2021 at 11:58 am by Voice Over

Comments

January 11, 2021 - 3:48 pm

oh brother

Translation: “I wanted to talk about topics that matter, but Corus wouldn’t let me because they are afraid of losing their government subsidy”.

Thankfully, we have independent media that expose the daily outrage of our rights being eroded steadily, and the corruption of the Trudeau government especially when it comes to China.

Maybe she will find another outlet? We’ll wait and see. She did NOT step down “to spend more time with her family”, so I will bet she will be back.

January 11, 2021 - 3:59 pm

Broadcast Babe

Talk show hosts don’t matter anymore. They’re not investigative journalists per se. Give me a great ‘print’ investigative story anytime for depth and context. I could care less what Larry on line 1 from Langley thinks. That’s why the great hosts do not have sidekicks or callers—they’re crutches.

January 11, 2021 - 5:55 pm

Fake News

oh brother,
Well said.

January 12, 2021 - 8:54 am

Robert Park

Open line talk radio is the latest addition to Old Time Radio. if I was a surveyor in the 90’s I would enjoy the stimulating company.

January 13, 2021 - 3:09 pm

Jack Morrow

Good riddance to bad rubbish. When she was in politics, she sabotaged her own party, sandbagged her own candidates, and perpetrated electoral fraud on the voters. Corus hired her after the voters wisely gave her the boot. When they air their announcement saying, “We believe in the highest standards of broadcasting,” my rebuttal is “Danielle Smith.”

January 17, 2021 - 3:03 pm

Richard

Another RAT jumping ship.

January 26, 2021 - 10:28 am

Jack Morrow

I forgot to mention that Danielle Smith has a lot of nerve complaining that certain topics can’t be talked about; when she was Wildrose leader, she muzzled social conservatives, none of whom mourned her departure from politics, and none of whom are mourning her departure from the airwaves.