RIP Ottawa Radio Veteran Gary Michaels, 77
Sorry to hear of the passing of longtime Ottawa radio man Gary Michaels, who died yesterday (Feb. 26) at age 77.
A native of the capital city he got his start in radio at CJET Smith Falls before breaking into the Ottawa market, first at CFGO 1440 and later CIWW-AM (now 1310 News.)
Michaels retired in 2011 after helping launch CJLL-FM, first as Program Director, and later Operations Manager.
He continued to do voiceover work through his own agency after leaving the day-to-day radio world.
Two years ago Jim J.J. Johnston paid tribute to Gary HERE in his ‘JJ Salutes’ feature.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver’s Z95.3 Changes its Morning Show
- Kid Carson gets the Morning Show at Vancouver’s Z 95.3
- CKNW Officially Names New Talk Show Hosts
- Simi Sara Appointed Official Breakfast Host at NW
- Graham Hatch Out of his Afternoon Drive slot at…
- Kelowna’s Soft 103.9 to go dark on Friday
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Nov. 25 2019 –…
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- ‘Inducing panic’: Media under fire for…
- David Bray Analyzes VANCOUVER Radio PPM’s,…