Christian Hall – National Program Manager at Harvard Broadcasting & Program Director of X929
There’s a reason why Christian Hall thinks differently. He has to. He is the National Program Director for Harvard Broadcasting which is a radio company first. He oversees multiple alternative stations; a format which doesn’t even exist a number of top ten markets in Canada, and he believes that talent development is about airchecks, and feedback.
This time around we spoke about the rise of alternative radio in both Edmonton and Calgary, he also summarized the legal case involving Corus v. Harvard revolving around the use of the name Power 107. (The station has since relaunched as Play 107 in Edmonton) We also discussed the new continuous measurement system for diary markets, and what is on the line if the CRTC moves ahead on a review of the radio regs.
It’s clear that the radio is not the only way to enjoy the station. Christian recalls James Cridland’s presentation at Canadian Music Week last year, that spurned more than one good idea he took home to Calgary.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Senior Reporter Peter Akman Turfed at CTV After…
- Soper and Brown ride again on 97.7 HTZfm
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- Jon McComb Wearies of Retirement, Prepping a Podcast
- CBC down billions after losing rights to Hockey…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- Recent Moves … as of Feb. 17th 2020
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Trudeau government looking to force news outlets to…