Back to the Future in Courtenay BC Radio
Vista Radio Group’s CFCP-FM has gone back to the branding it was sporting five years ago.
No longer 98.9 The Goat (World Class Rock) which had been its moniker since 2014, Courtenay’s original radio license has returned to the branding it proudly operated under in the early 2000’s, Jet FM 98.9.
In October 2005, the station changed formats to active rock with the branding Jet FM, “The Island’s Best Rock.” Almost nine years later, on May 30, 2014, CFCP changed its name to “98.9 The Goat”.
On Friday Nov. 1 The Goat changed all their logos on their Facebook and website and re-branded as the Jet once again, welcoming back former hosts Pete Montana and Robyn in the morning.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- Don Cherry Loses his Coach’s Corner over…
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Western Alienation …and the CBC
- MEDIA RELEASE – Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Dustin Collins leaves Corus Vancouver to join Jim Pattison
- Rick Dhaliwal Has Landed at a New Vancouver Home…