Back to the Future in Courtenay BC Radio
Vista Radio Group’s CFCP-FM has gone back to the branding it was sporting five years ago.
No longer 98.9 The Goat (World Class Rock) which had been its moniker since 2014, Courtenay’s original radio license has returned to the branding it proudly operated under in the early 2000’s, Jet FM 98.9.
In October 2005, the station changed formats to active rock with the branding Jet FM, “The Island’s Best Rock.” Almost nine years later, on May 30, 2014, CFCP changed its name to “98.9 The Goat”.
On Friday Nov. 1 The Goat changed all their logos on their Facebook and website and re-branded as the Jet once again, welcoming back former hosts Pete Montana and Robyn in the morning.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Drex to Leave CKNW and National Corus Late Night…
- First the GM’s, Now Harvard Slashes Air Staff…
- Harvard Broadcasting Cuts Senior Management (UPDATED)
- Oprah, Ellen & Kimmel are in BIG Trouble
- RIP Miles Ramsay, famed for A&W’s Great…
- Looney Left Vancouver Council turned the City I was…
- John Doyle: ‘COVID-era CBC TV is a shambles’
- The Snitches Who Betrayed Wendy Mesley
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. Feb. 24 – May 24 2020
- Jordan Armstrong is a very fine example of what…