If you use an Antenna to watch TV, U.S. local channels might not show on Oct. 19
If you use an antenna to watch TV for free, then Oct. 19 is going to be an important date for you.
That’s when you’ll have to rescan your TV or converter box if you want to be able to continue watching U.S. local channels such as KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, and Q13 over the air.
You will have to do that because the channels are changing their broadcast frequencies to make room for wireless services, according to the Federal Communications Commission.
Exactly how many households will be affected by the change isn’t known.
And if you watch TV via cable or satellite? Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to do a thing.
So, how do you rescan a TV?
▪ Press the “menu” or “set-up” button on your remote control and follow the on-screen instructions.
▪ Or select “scan” or “autotune” from your TV or converter box control menu.
▪ Go to tvanswers.org/rescan.asp for instruction for specific brands.
Learn more at:
▪ 1-888-225-5322 (press prompt number 6)
READ MORE PIERCE COUNTY NEWS HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- CBC Really? Trump Cameo Cut from Christmas Broadcast…
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1
- Vancouver weekly ‘Georgia Straight’ sold…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver