If you use an Antenna to watch TV, U.S. local channels might not show on Oct. 19
If you use an antenna to watch TV for free, then Oct. 19 is going to be an important date for you.
That’s when you’ll have to rescan your TV or converter box if you want to be able to continue watching U.S. local channels such as KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, and Q13 over the air.
You will have to do that because the channels are changing their broadcast frequencies to make room for wireless services, according to the Federal Communications Commission.
Exactly how many households will be affected by the change isn’t known.
And if you watch TV via cable or satellite? Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to do a thing.
So, how do you rescan a TV?
▪ Press the “menu” or “set-up” button on your remote control and follow the on-screen instructions.
▪ Or select “scan” or “autotune” from your TV or converter box control menu.
▪ Go to tvanswers.org/rescan.asp for instruction for specific brands.
Learn more at:
▪ 1-888-225-5322 (press prompt number 6)
READ MORE PIERCE COUNTY NEWS HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Don Cherry Loses his Coach’s Corner over…
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- MEDIA RELEASE – Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Western Alienation …and the CBC
- Dustin Collins leaves Corus Vancouver to join Jim Pattison
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- POWER struggle: Edmonton radio stations to battle…
- Campbell River’s New Country Station…
- CTV Claims Largest Election Night Audience