Country Top 40’s Bob Kingsley Steps Away From The Mic To Battle Bladder Cancer
October 9, 2019 courtesy AllAccess.com
Longtime syndicated Country radio personality BOB KINGSLEY revealed to his affiliates and listeners today that he is battling bladder cancer, and will step away from hosting duties at his weekly countdown show, “BOB KINGSLEY’s Country Top 40,” for the time being. His show is syndicated globally to more than 320 stations by his own KCCS PRODUCTIONS and distributed by WESTWOOD ONE.
“While there is no doubt that the immediate road ahead will push me and challenge my resolve, I want you to know I am blessed to be working with the very best in the medical profession, and they have a plan to deal with this awful disease,” KINGSLEY posted on his web site. “The faith you have placed in me is something I treasure, and that support has allowed me to do what I love in this wonderful industry for 60 years. I have no intention of stopping anytime soon, but for a moment, I need to ask for your patience as I step away from the mic and focus on my treatment.” Read his full announcement here.
- Read more of this story HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver