DISTURBING: Liberals Block Canadian Journalist From Covering Trudeau Press Conference
September 22, 2019
Another anti-democratic move by the Trudeau Liberals.
In an outrageous move, the Trudeau Liberals have blocked Canadian journalist Andrew Lawton from covering a Justin Trudeau press conference.
It’s a disgraceful and anti-democratic move by the Liberals, showing their utter contempt for Canadians and for free expression.
Here’s what Lawton said on Twitter:
“It’s official. I’ve been banned from covering Justin Trudeau’s press conference. The reason? I’m not an “accredited” journalist, though the press secretary could not provide a definition of what accreditation means in a country that doesn’t license journalists.”
“To be cleared I RSVPd for this event as soon as it was announced yesterday and no one told me there would be an issue with me attending.”
“Justin Trudeau tried to shake my hand thinking I was an adoring fan, but wouldn’t answer my question: why am I banned from covering his press conference?”
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1