BREAKING: Maxime Bernier Invited To Participate In Official Leaders Debates
September 16, 2019
Debates Commissioner says Bernier meets the factors for inclusion in the debate.
People’s Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier has been invited to participate in the Federal Leaders debate.
There will be an English language debate on October 7th, and a French language debate on October 10th.
It originally appeared Bernier would be excluded from the debates, but the Debates Commissioner has conducted “further evaluation” and determined that Bernier and the People’s Party meet the requirements for inclusion in the debate.
Here’s what the commissioner said:
“WITH THE BENEFIT OF MORE RECENT INFORMATION, I AM OF THE VIEW THAT THE PPC HAS ATTRACTED A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF PARTY MEMBERS, HAS ESTABLISHED A NOTABLE PRESENCE IN THE MEDIA AND ON THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE AND, BASED ON RECENT POLLING DATA, HAS ACHIEVED A REASONABLE CHANCE OF SUCCESS IN MORE THAN ONE RIDING,” SAYS JOHNSTON. “ALL OF THESE FACTORS TOGETHER ENABLE THE PPC TO SATISFY TWO OF THE CRITERIA ESTABLISHED IN OUR ORDER IN COUNCIL.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver