BREAKING: Maxime Bernier Invited To Participate In Official Leaders Debates
September 16, 2019
Debates Commissioner says Bernier meets the factors for inclusion in the debate.
People’s Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier has been invited to participate in the Federal Leaders debate.
There will be an English language debate on October 7th, and a French language debate on October 10th.
It originally appeared Bernier would be excluded from the debates, but the Debates Commissioner has conducted “further evaluation” and determined that Bernier and the People’s Party meet the requirements for inclusion in the debate.
Here’s what the commissioner said:
“WITH THE BENEFIT OF MORE RECENT INFORMATION, I AM OF THE VIEW THAT THE PPC HAS ATTRACTED A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF PARTY MEMBERS, HAS ESTABLISHED A NOTABLE PRESENCE IN THE MEDIA AND ON THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE AND, BASED ON RECENT POLLING DATA, HAS ACHIEVED A REASONABLE CHANCE OF SUCCESS IN MORE THAN ONE RIDING,” SAYS JOHNSTON. “ALL OF THESE FACTORS TOGETHER ENABLE THE PPC TO SATISFY TWO OF THE CRITERIA ESTABLISHED IN OUR ORDER IN COUNCIL.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Rogers lays off four as it ‘Reimagines’…
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Alex Trebek gets Bad News about his Stage 4 Cancer