Fitz of Seattle’s 98.9 The Bull Interviews Ken Burns re PBS’ ‘Country Music’ Doc
HUBBARD BROADCASTING Country KNUC (98.9 THE BULL)/SEATTLE’s morning show host FITZ interviewed noted documentary filmmaker KEN BURNS about his most recent series, “Country Music,” which he described as “a story of AMERICA, one song at a time.” “Country Music, A Film by KEN BURNS,” debuts SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th on PBS.
Said FITZ, “As a broadcaster and fan of AMERICAN history, this was the ultimate bucket list interview: sitting down to ask questions to the man who has been taking the pulse of this country for nearly 40 years. There is no greater man to speak with about the history of one of my biggest passions, Country music, and how it intersects with the growth of our great nation.”
The doc explores the history of a unique AMERICAN art form, featuring rare footage and photographs, plus interviews with more than 80 Country artists. The film chronicles Country music’s early days, from Southern APPALACHIA’s songs of struggle, heartbreak and faith, to the rollicking Western swing of TEXAS, the CALIFORNIA honky-tonks and NASHVILLE’s GRAND OLE OPRY.
The interview can be found HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver