Longtime Vancouver Radio Newsman Kerry Marshall dies, victim of Brain Cancer
Sad news first reported by RadioWest.ca. Veteran radio newsman Kerry Marshall has died after a brief battle with brain cancer. He was reportedly admitted recently to Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver.
Marshall began his career at CHUB Nanaimo in 1969. He was the familiar voice of news then News Director at CKLG/ CKLG-FM/ CFOX-FM Vancouver from 1974 – 2002. He followed the morning team of Larry & Willy to JACK-FM and remained there for ten years. Later he was associated as News Director with the ill-fated Roundhouse Radio operation, but as the red ink mounted he departed some two years later. Most recently Kerry was co-host with another longtime Vancouver broadcaster, Dave Pratt, on the sports-focussed podcast The Prattcast.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Western Alienation …and the CBC
- MEDIA RELEASE – Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Rick Dhaliwal Has Landed at a New Vancouver Home…
- CTV Claims Largest Election Night Audience
- POWER struggle: Edmonton radio stations to battle…