Longtime Vancouver Radio Newsman Kerry Marshall dies, victim of Brain Cancer
Sad news first reported by RadioWest.ca. Veteran radio newsman Kerry Marshall has died after a brief battle with brain cancer. He was reportedly admitted recently to Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver.
Marshall began his career at CHUB Nanaimo in 1969. He was the familiar voice of news then News Director at CKLG/ CKLG-FM/ CFOX-FM Vancouver from 1974 – 2002. He followed the morning team of Larry & Willy to JACK-FM and remained there for ten years. Later he was associated as News Director with the ill-fated Roundhouse Radio operation, but as the red ink mounted he departed some two years later. Most recently Kerry was co-host with another longtime Vancouver broadcaster, Dave Pratt, on the sports-focussed podcast The Prattcast.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Longtime Vancouver Radio Newsman Kerry Marshall…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Rogers lays off four as it ‘Reimagines’…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. May 27 – Aug. 25 2019
- Vista Radio Turfs Senior Management
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- David Bray’s Demographic Breakouts for…
- Hockey analysts Nick Kypreos, Doug Maclean leaving Sportsnet