Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you guessed it, JACK FM!
Welcome back JACK!
At 1pm west coast time, Victoria’s KiSS did a Flashback, with the rebranding of JACK 103.1 FM
KiSS’ swan song, fittingly, was NSYNC’s “Bye bye bye”.
KiSS FM came to Victoria in 2015, replacing the first JACK ….
And now for Round Two...
On February 24, 2015, CHTT flipped back to CHR as KiSS 103.1. The last song played on “Jack” was “Hit the Road, Jack” by The Stampeders, while the first song on “KiSS” was “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars.
Needless to say, it never worked, bottom basement ratings ever since launch date, so let’s hope Rogers with the All New Jack will begin to warm the hearts of the Capital City. So far, we’re loving he music, with the first song by Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody…
“playing what we want” is still Jack’s slogan.
JACK FM first launched on 103.1 in 2004.
Thanks to ColeThePony for uploading the launch audio & final minutes: HERE
And the morning hosts on Victoria’s Newish radio station are…
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Western Alienation …and the CBC
- MEDIA RELEASE – Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Don Cherry Loses his Coach’s Corner over…
- Rick Dhaliwal Has Landed at a New Vancouver Home…
- POWER struggle: Edmonton radio stations to battle…