Interviews of BC Radio Legends by the late Mike Cleaver : Today with Red Robinson
What a great interview! the late Mike Cleaver had with Red Robinson back in 2015. Red, a true radio icon shares his story about how he got an invitation to the CJOR radio studios located in the basement of the Grosvenor Hotel on Howe Street in Vancouver, British Columbia, which lead to his first job on the air. Red talks about his time working in Portland, Oregon, then called by Uncle Sam for draft. Portland was Red’s debut to enter television as host of a teen dance show in the City of Roses. During his incredible and lengthy career in the industry, his resume included, promotion, Program Director, Operation Manager and Advertising sales, which helped create his own advertising company. Red covers it all, and the names of those who’s paths he has crossed will really hold your interest. It did mine.
Thanks to Ted Wendland and BC Radio History for providing this most enjoyable interview.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal