Popular Okanagan news anchor Rick Webber Made his Final Appearance Wednesday Night
By Iain Burns, KelownaNow.com July 31 2019
One of the most recognizable faces in Okanagan news made his final appearance Wednesday night after nearly 30 years as an anchor.
Rick Webber, who works for Global, said goodbye at 5 pm.
He started his career over 43 years ago when he got a job as a part-time DJ at a radio station on Prince Edward Island in 1976.
Webber moved to BC in 1978 and, in 1990, arrived in his beloved Okanagan.
“While I will greatly miss my regular connection with the viewers, it is the right time in my life to step away from full-time broadcasting and make room for the next generation of journalists,” Webber said when his retirement was announced in May.
“I am so grateful for the opportunity to connect with the local audience and I hope to continue my involvement in the community in the years ahead.”
Webber, who was born in Winnipeg, praised the valley for its beautiful weather.
READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE AT KelownaNow.com
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal