Popular Okanagan news anchor Rick Webber Made his Final Appearance Wednesday Night
By Iain Burns, KelownaNow.com July 31 2019
One of the most recognizable faces in Okanagan news made his final appearance Wednesday night after nearly 30 years as an anchor.
Rick Webber, who works for Global, said goodbye at 5 pm.
He started his career over 43 years ago when he got a job as a part-time DJ at a radio station on Prince Edward Island in 1976.
Webber moved to BC in 1978 and, in 1990, arrived in his beloved Okanagan.
“While I will greatly miss my regular connection with the viewers, it is the right time in my life to step away from full-time broadcasting and make room for the next generation of journalists,” Webber said when his retirement was announced in May.
“I am so grateful for the opportunity to connect with the local audience and I hope to continue my involvement in the community in the years ahead.”
Webber, who was born in Winnipeg, praised the valley for its beautiful weather.
READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE AT KelownaNow.com
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1