Toronto Radio Host Under Fire After Tweeting Racist Comments
An investigation is underway.
Mike Stafford, the host of Global News Radio’s “The Morning Show”, is currently under investigation by his employer after tweeting and deleting some pretty racist sentiments last week. The tweets in question were briefly posted on Sunday, July 21. The next day, Michael Stafford announced via Twitter that he is expecting to be terminated. That tweet has also apparently been deleted.
Stafford’s deleted tweets were screenshotted and shared by Toronto journalist Sean Craig, who has worked for a mound of news publications, including Global News.
Craig broke the story on Canadaland after reaching out to Corus, Global’s parent company. They provided the following statement on Wednesday morning:
“Our employees are bound by stringent social media policies that we take very seriously…That being said, we don’t have further comment on this internal matter.”
Stafford’s controversial tweets expressed anti-Muslim sentiments while he was at a Mississauga hospital. He expressed distaste for headscarves when he saw a large family visiting a sick loved one.
READ MORE HERE AT THE NARCITY WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Rogers lays off four as it ‘Reimagines’…