Toronto Radio Host Under Fire After Tweeting Racist Comments
An investigation is underway.
Mike Stafford, the host of Global News Radio’s “The Morning Show”, is currently under investigation by his employer after tweeting and deleting some pretty racist sentiments last week. The tweets in question were briefly posted on Sunday, July 21. The next day, Michael Stafford announced via Twitter that he is expecting to be terminated. That tweet has also apparently been deleted.
Stafford’s deleted tweets were screenshotted and shared by Toronto journalist Sean Craig, who has worked for a mound of news publications, including Global News.
Craig broke the story on Canadaland after reaching out to Corus, Global’s parent company. They provided the following statement on Wednesday morning:
“Our employees are bound by stringent social media policies that we take very seriously…That being said, we don’t have further comment on this internal matter.”
Stafford’s controversial tweets expressed anti-Muslim sentiments while he was at a Mississauga hospital. He expressed distaste for headscarves when he saw a large family visiting a sick loved one.
READ MORE HERE AT THE NARCITY WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1