Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
It may be Matthew McBride’s long-awaited comeuppance. The CRTC will hold a hearing on September 5th in Gatineau, QC to review repeated and persistent non-compliance with one or more regulatory requirements by McBride’s licensed undertakings, CHMZ-FM Tofino, CFPV-FM Pemberton, CIMM-FM Ucluelet and CKPM-FM Port Moody.
The Commission will also consider applications by the Tofino and Ucluelet stations for authority to change their ownership and effective control. The Commission is accepting submitted interventions until July 29th, but no personal appearance is required by any of the parties at the scheduled September hearing.
Our thanks to Gord Lansdell and his Northwest Broadcasters “Recent News” page for the first posting on this subject. .
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Roo Phelps Moves to Evenings on Bell’s EZ Rock…