Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
It may be Matthew McBride’s long-awaited comeuppance. The CRTC will hold a hearing on September 5th in Gatineau, QC to review repeated and persistent non-compliance with one or more regulatory requirements by McBride’s licensed undertakings, CHMZ-FM Tofino, CFPV-FM Pemberton, CIMM-FM Ucluelet and CKPM-FM Port Moody.
The Commission will also consider applications by the Tofino and Ucluelet stations for authority to change their ownership and effective control. The Commission is accepting submitted interventions until July 29th, but no personal appearance is required by any of the parties at the scheduled September hearing.
Our thanks to Gord Lansdell and his Northwest Broadcasters “Recent News” page for the first posting on this subject. .
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- Senior Reporter Peter Akman Turfed at CTV After…
- Soper and Brown ride again on 97.7 HTZfm
- CBC down billions after losing rights to Hockey…
- Recent Moves … as of Feb. 17th 2020
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Jon McComb Wearies of Retirement, Prepping a Podcast
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver