Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
It may be Matthew McBride’s long-awaited comeuppance. The CRTC will hold a hearing on September 5th in Gatineau, QC to review repeated and persistent non-compliance with one or more regulatory requirements by McBride’s licensed undertakings, CHMZ-FM Tofino, CFPV-FM Pemberton, CIMM-FM Ucluelet and CKPM-FM Port Moody.
The Commission will also consider applications by the Tofino and Ucluelet stations for authority to change their ownership and effective control. The Commission is accepting submitted interventions until July 29th, but no personal appearance is required by any of the parties at the scheduled September hearing.
Our thanks to Gord Lansdell and his Northwest Broadcasters “Recent News” page for the first posting on this subject. .
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Longtime Vancouver Radio Newsman Kerry Marshall…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Rogers lays off four as it ‘Reimagines’…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. May 27 – Aug. 25 2019
- Vista Radio Turfs Senior Management
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- David Bray’s Demographic Breakouts for…