CTV News’ Anchor Lisa LaFlamme named to the Order of Canada
CTV News Chief Anchor and Senior Editor Lisa LaFlamme
CTV News’ Chief News Anchor and Senior Editor Lisa LaFlamme has been named Officer of the Order of Canada for her contributions to journalism and support of human rights.
The appointment, announced Thursday, is one of Canada’s highest honours.
“Lisa is a trailblazer for women in Canadian news broadcasting, and has continually demonstrated excellence in her work while tirelessly advocating for democracy in journalism and human rights in Canada and abroad,” CTV News President Wendy Freeman said. “We are thrilled to see Lisa recognized for her outstanding achievements and contributions to journalism.”
Bell Media President Randy Lennox also congratulated LaFlamme “on this tremendous honour.”
“Lisa is a true leader within our news division and the company as a whole, serving Canadians with professionalism and integrity while passionately working to help change lives through international humanitarian organizations,” he said.
LaFlamme has been covering major news stories from across Canada and around the world for more than 30 years with CTV. In 2011, she was named the Chief Anchor and Senior Editor of CTV National News.
Read more HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Longtime Vancouver Radio Newsman Kerry Marshall…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Rogers lays off four as it ‘Reimagines’…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. May 27 – Aug. 25 2019
- Vista Radio Turfs Senior Management
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- David Bray’s Demographic Breakouts for…