CKNW PD Larry Gifford Named to National Corus Post
Larry announced it yesterday via Twitter:
Some news to share. Excited to be named National Director of AM Radio for Corus Entertainment.
PSR congratulates Larry on the promotion. He’d been in charge of programming on NW and All-Traffic AM 730 since 2016. And he won’t have to move .. he’ll be able to remain in Vancouver.
Gifford’s biography on the Global News site tells of a major health challenge he’s been dealing with:
Gifford was diagnosed with Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease in August 2017. In September 2018, he launched the podcast “When Life Gives You Parkinson’s” which details his journey with the disease as a guy in his mid-40’s with a family and a career. The show was named among the Best of 2018 by Apple Podcasts.
Gifford is a board member of the Pacific Parkinson’s Research Institute, The CKNW Kids’ Fund and serves as a member of the Michael J. Fox Foundation Patient Council.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Roo Phelps Moves to Evenings on Bell’s EZ Rock…