Bob Harris – Serious Fun
Bob Harris has had an incredible radio journey that has spanned Peterborough, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and Hamilton. Along the way it has been about the people. He’ll be the first to admit that he made mistakes along the way and learned on the job through the mentorship of General managers like Rob Braide, the late Gary Russell, Tom Peacock and Pat Holiday. Bob also worked with Canada’s two biggest morning shows in Gerry Forbes in Calgary, and Terry Dimonte & Ted Bird in Montreal.
Full disclosure, I applied for a job with Bob in Calgary in 1993 but didn’t get the job. It all worked out as I got hired in Edmonton a year later at the same company and we worked reasonably closely on a number of rock related promotions. In 2004 we eventually got to work together at CHOM in Montreal which Bob will be the first to admit was a whole new way of programming radio.
Finally, I asked bob about his battle with cancer and the amazing help he received along the way. Do not miss the last third of this episode.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Longtime Vancouver Radio Newsman Kerry Marshall…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Rogers lays off four as it ‘Reimagines’…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. May 27 – Aug. 25 2019
- Vista Radio Turfs Senior Management
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- David Bray’s Demographic Breakouts for…
- Hockey analysts Nick Kypreos, Doug Maclean leaving Sportsnet