RIP Doug McIlraith, aged 83.
Esophageal cancer has claimed the life of former Vancouver, Kelowna and Winnipeg broadcaster Doug McIlraith. He died in Winnipeg June 6 at age 83.
After beginning in radio at CJBQ Belleville while still in high school, he moved to Vancouver in the mid-1950’s, where he joined the recently rebranded C-FUN and CJOR, then went to CKOV in Kelowna. In 1961 he joined CBC Edmonton, and transferred to CBC Winnipeg in 1967; from that prairie base he covered a number of major events across Canada.
He retired as co-host of CBC Information Radio Winnipeg in 1990.
According to his wishes, there will be no formal service.
The obituary as prepared by Doug’s family is HERE in the Winnipeg Free Press.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Roo Phelps Moves to Evenings on Bell’s EZ Rock…