Joe Aiello Named Program Director for Power 97, Peggy @ 991
June 13, 2019
Longtime Winnipeg broadcaster Joe Aiello has been promoted to program director for both of Corus Winnipeg’s FM radio stations.
Aiello will lead the teams at Power 97 and Peggy @ 991, effective immediately, while also maintaining his on-air role weekday mornings on Power 97 with Philly and Kirby.
“Right from the start, Joe fit the program director role like a glove — this comes as no surprise to anyone that knows his creativity, radio smarts, people skills and passion for the business,” said Brad Phillips, VP and head of FM Radio, Corus Entertainment.
Aiello had been serving as interim program director since September 2018.
Aiello, a Winnipeg native, is a nearly 32-year radio veteran and was awarded the Broadcast Excellence Award by the Broadcasters Association of Manitoba in 2018.
Outside of the radio studio, Aiello is currently working on a hospitality venture as part owner of the future Frankie’s Italian Kitchen and Bar in the Seasons development in south Winnipeg. The restaurant is a product out of Vancouver and will be the chain’s third location.
For Stories from Winnipeg, visit ChrisD.ca
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- RIP Former CKNW Promotions Ace John Plul