Kelly Alexander: Going Beyond Radio
Kelly Alexander is a team player, and great interviewer and knows her audience. It doesn’t matter what radio station she is on, or what platform she is immersed with – she understands her audience and is the conduit between what is happening in the studio, and what is going on in her listeners lives. Not everyone is born with the super power of empathy but it also didn’t hurt that she was a producer and call screener for some top rated radio shows at CJAD in Montreal and CFRB in Toronto. You can also hear how grateful she is as she has weathered the changes that come with new PD’s wanting to take the station into a new direction, and the acknowledgement of some of the great people who helped her out along the way like Mike Bendixen, program director of CFRB, and Toby Goodfellow who was the technical operations manager at Standard Radio.
Kelly is also a huge Janet Jackson fan, and we asked her what it was like to meet her! If we had remembered, we would have asked Kelly about her passion for Yoseikan Karate.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- ‘CBS Evening News’ ratings plummet on Norah…