CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate Downtown Victoria Studios
The Victoria Bell Media stations normally broadcast from a building immediately east of the old Plaza Hotel which burned down early Monday, and continues to spread toxic smoke and fumes into the surrounding area.
C-FAX and Virgin Radio 107.3 have moved their programming to the Delta Ocean Point Resort across the Inner Harbour, and repeats are being aired in place of some scheduled live talk shows, while CTV2 produced a single 30 minute newscast Tuesday and Wednesday with anchors stationed blocks away from their normal Broad Street location. That package was repeated at 5, 5:30, 6, 6:30 and 11 pm.
Pictured above, C-FAX Morning Show crew .. Al Ferraby, Kyle Reynolds and Lisa Best .. at the Delta Laurel Point Hotel
The move to the very remote location was made at the behest of authorities in an effort to minimize the adverse health effects of the toxic air situation.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- Senior Reporter Peter Akman Turfed at CTV After…
- Soper and Brown ride again on 97.7 HTZfm
- CBC down billions after losing rights to Hockey…
- Recent Moves … as of Feb. 17th 2020
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Jon McComb Wearies of Retirement, Prepping a Podcast
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver