PROSALESGUY Dave Warawa reviews Canadian Media book by Richard Stursberg
Our PSR PROSALESGUY Dave Warawa reviews Canadian media book written by Richard Stursberg, called The Tangled Garden
Very interesting opinion about the state of the Canadian Broadcast Industry. Here’s the review Dave has put on Amazon…
April 27, 2019
As a former Canadian broadcaster, I was attracted to this book after watching Richard Stursberg interviewed on BNN. Stursberg has a history in the industry (particularly CBC) and suggests that Canadian media is in serious financial jeopardy and potential extinction as advertiser dollars are leaving local TV, newspapers, radio to be placed with the FAANG companies – Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google. While other countries have done a great deal to support their national broadcasting companies, Canada has done little.
So what of it you might say? Well, there are two sides to that story. You could say that the free enterprise system and individual choice should be allowed to dictate market trends. This was largely my opinion before reading this book. After all, the book is available on Amazon and I’m writing this review on it.
Then again, if the current course of Canadian media deterioration continues, where will we get national, regional and particularly local news? Do you really want to totally rely on our neighbor to the south for the source of reporting, opinion and entertainment? I must say reading this book has been an eye-opening experience.
What do you think, Puget Sound Radio Audience?
Your comments are most welcome!
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Gayle King Wins, Norah O’Donnell Loses at…
- Nat & Drew: Once Fired To Be Hired