Irish Dave from U93 in South Bend, Indiana on The ‘Sound Off’ Podcast with Matt
I missed my first chance to meet Irish Dave. I wasn’t going to miss my second. In the days after a Saint Patrick’s Day that fell on a Sunday, I caught up with the U93 morning show host and learned a lot about the show host I have listened to on and off over the last 6 months. Now I knew that he was marrying his co-host Christine, but learned more about how they met.
Originally, I connected with Dave on Twitter; likely chatting about radio. We failed to connect at the Conclave; in fact I had no idea he was there until.. Twitter. We finally got to have the conversation I wanted to have on this episode and we spoke about how he got to South Bend, Indiana, (home of the Fighting Irish) what radio in Ireland is like, and how do you do a morning show with your future wife? Oh and you need to be her boss too. As it turns out, there is a pretty good formula to it which includes the alarm ringing before 3am.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal