RIP CKNW Engineer John Mair
Radio West is reporting the death of former longtime CKNW/CFMI-FM engineer John Mair within the past week.
John worked at ‘NW from 1970 until the early 2000s. In the early 1970s he was away on the Prairies working at sister station CJOB in Winnipeg, helping to rebuild a burned out transmitter site.
We’re told that in recent years Mair suffered from diabetes, which may have contributed to his demise. He lost a leg to the disease in more recent times.
Those who knew him called him a champion when dealing with any non-digital issues and equipment. And a happy co-worker at all times.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- RIP Former CKNW Promotions Ace John Plul