RIP CKNW Engineer John Mair
Radio West is reporting the death of former longtime CKNW/CFMI-FM engineer John Mair within the past week.
John worked at ‘NW from 1970 until the early 2000s. In the early 1970s he was away on the Prairies working at sister station CJOB in Winnipeg, helping to rebuild a burned out transmitter site.
We’re told that in recent years Mair suffered from diabetes, which may have contributed to his demise. He lost a leg to the disease in more recent times.
Those who knew him called him a champion when dealing with any non-digital issues and equipment. And a happy co-worker at all times.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM