RIP CKNW Engineer John Mair
Radio West is reporting the death of former longtime CKNW/CFMI-FM engineer John Mair within the past week.
John worked at ‘NW from 1970 until the early 2000s. In the early 1970s he was away on the Prairies working at sister station CJOB in Winnipeg, helping to rebuild a burned out transmitter site.
We’re told that in recent years Mair suffered from diabetes, which may have contributed to his demise. He lost a leg to the disease in more recent times.
Those who knew him called him a champion when dealing with any non-digital issues and equipment. And a happy co-worker at all times.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107