Toronto Radio’s Erin Davis pens book on Overcoming Loss
Published Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Long-time Toronto radio personality Erin Davis has a written a memoir about suddenly losing her daughter.
Davis’ daughter died in her sleep on May 11, 2015, just hours after celebrating her first Mother’s Day. Lauren, who was only 24 years old at the time, left behind a seven-month-old son and her husband.
Speaking to CTV’s Your Morning on Tuesday, Davis recalled the moment she received the devastating news while taping a radio show in Jamaica.
That day, her colleagues quickly convinced her to get off the air. Davis also began writing a blog about what she was going through. A month later, she was back on the job.
“There were people who worried that I was going through this too quickly and perhaps setting a bad example for other mothers and parents who were bereaved and couldn’t get off the floor,” Davis said. “And I respected that, but I had to do what I had to do in order to survive and that radio was the place. Our little studio, our family there was where it made sense.”
In her new book, “Mourning has Broken: Love, Loss and Reclaiming Joy,” Davis shares her journey and offers hope and humour to others who are experiencing loss.
READ MORE HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM