Sean Dilworth from 99.9 BOB-FM in Winnipeg joins Matt on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
Sean Dilworth is half the man he used to be. Figuratively only. In whole, he is stronger, smarter and more confident than ever. He made a life decision to get physically stronger, which led to a number of other changes in his life. Then he came out and told his audience about it last September. In this moment, I knew I wanted to have him tell the longer version of this story on the podcast.
You can connect to that on air piece via his Facebook page.
I hired Sean back in 2012 and he was every bit as eager, with a smile that’s infectious and lights up a room. Back then he was heavier and a lot less confident. He was spending most of his energy hiding his anxiety for tasks that aren’t easy for everyone; like bringing a band on stage for example. If I ran into Sean on the street – I probably wouldn’t recognize him. He isn’t afraid to keep the old pictures of himself on his social media accounts. In fact, he doesn’t consider himself overtly millennial. And we even put him to a test.
It’s no coincidence that this episode was released during the same week that Canada’s biggest media company, Bell Media is having Let’s Talk Day. It’s the planet’s biggest Mental Health media campaign.
This episode is powered by nLogic.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- Paul Larsen Exits Global Okanagan
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Gayle King Wins, Norah O’Donnell Loses at…