Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone

By Stephanie Tsoflias Siegel for TV Spy at AdWeek.com

It was sudden but longtime WABC weather anchor Bill Evans is gone from the air and some social media platforms.

The New York weather personality at the New York City ABC televsion flagship is no longer on Facebook. His bio has been removed from the station’s website and his title of WABC forecaster has been removed from his Twitter bio.

Evans was off the air for a couple of weeks when viewers started questioning whether or not he would return.

While Evans has not said anything about leaving the station he posted a photo of him at WLNG radio on Tuesday with the caption, “For the moment, I am pursuing a unique opportunity in broadcasting by returning to my roots in radio and operating the historic WLNG radio station in Sag Harbor on Long Island.”

He eluded to a return to television, but wasn’t specific about an opportunity. It is unclear why he left the station after 15 years.

READ MORE TV STATION/STAFF NEWS  HERE  AT TV SPY

Published on February 6, 2019 at 10:38 am by Radio Man

Comments

March 1, 2019 - 9:32 am

Harold

Good luck Bill. Weather is not the same and no more humor and witt. Hope to see you back on TV someday.

March 4, 2019 - 6:05 pm

Diane Szymanik

Wow! We love Bill Evans <3.
I hope to hear he has gone on to better things and is happy.
You will be missed.

March 5, 2019 - 6:44 am

Frank hurley

You are the best in the business! Best of luck!!

March 6, 2019 - 2:56 am

Cheryl. S

What a loss ! Bill always brought humor and personality to every weather report. The Dapper Meteorologist will be greatly missed. Best wishes for success and fulfillment during this next phase of your career

March 8, 2019 - 4:31 pm

Elizabeth Puente

He was always the calm before the storm, never had a negative word about mother nature! Will be sorely missed… but I guess you have to follow your rainbow! Many blessings Sunshine…
<3 Bill Evans

March 9, 2019 - 2:49 pm

robert newell

sorry to hear you left, good luck with what you do! you will be missed..

March 18, 2019 - 3:38 am

Tabitha and Bill from sullivan couty, ny

Good luck on this new adventure. My husband and I will miss you so very much. Your accurate weather forecasting was spectacular. Looked forward to seeing you each day. Best wishes

March 19, 2019 - 11:38 am

Andrea A

I thought to myself what a long vacation for Bill….But
now that I know he has moved on, I wish him nothing
but the best……Will Miss you something awful

March 19, 2019 - 3:28 pm

Dorothy Jonas

Wishing you all the best in your new venture. Sorry to hear you left ABC News. It won’t be the same without you!

March 19, 2019 - 6:18 pm

Lisa Brannon

You are the only reason I watched the news in the morning. You lifted my spirit listening to you and greeting the dogs. Please come back!!!!!!

March 19, 2019 - 6:21 pm

Lisa Brannon

You were the only reason I watched the news in the morning. You lifted my spirits listening to you and watching you greet the dogs. You Really need to come back!!!!

March 20, 2019 - 5:00 am

Butch Marshal

You deserve to chill and take some deep breaths. Enjoy the radio gig. I’ll try to tune you in, way out here in Hackettstown. We all love you and God does too!

April 5, 2019 - 2:43 am

angel perez

BEST WISHES MR.EVANS YOU BE GOOD KNOW .DON’T BE A STRANGER

April 7, 2019 - 5:57 pm

Christine B

Not to same w/o Bill. Evans…the others are good…but Bill brought fun n made us smile in the morning. Miss you Bill…

April 12, 2019 - 3:09 am

Valeria

I AM SAD 😢😢! He was the life of the party! Weather reports will NEVER be the same! So boring and SUPER dry anymore! #COMEBACKBILL But good luck!

April 20, 2019 - 5:17 am

Clair

Sure do miss the Dapper Bill in Hackettstown, NJ! Now we have no reason to watch ABC.

In addition to his awesome weather forecasting, Bill had the best suits and ties!

Wishing you good luck in your next adventure Bill.

April 23, 2019 - 8:41 pm

Bailey

The Morning Show is so boring without Bill Evans! I have stopped watching as well WABC has dismantled what used to be a great team – first Lori and now Bill Evans. Boycott for Bill!

May 20, 2019 - 7:16 am

judy sheerer

I miss Bill early morning especially with Maximus and friends my favorite. Use to tape him never wanted to miss him and Maximus. Delightful. Did not like not having a tribute or kind word informing us the viewers of his departure. No longer watch ABC. I agree with comment Robin Roberts being racist. Why is it ok in reverse. ? I also can’t get enough of Sam Champion and his heartwarming laughter. Will switch weekend just to see if Sam is on. I now watch Liri Stokes. . My best to them JUDY

June 2, 2019 - 8:42 pm

Liz Carreno

Your sweet disposition and quick wit will not be forgotten, much success with your new endeavors and God Bless you and your dear family !

June 3, 2019 - 9:59 am

anna spagnoli

I have been watching Bill Evans for years, I am sorry he is gone like so many other viewers he was the reason we watched the morning news. We will miss you all the best to you and Sandy. I realized who you married when you wished your mother in law Emilia Foschi a quick recovery from her surgery. We are from the same country , my regards to all.

June 3, 2019 - 10:02 am

anna spagnoli (Bernardini) RSM

June 17, 2019 - 5:39 am

Pat Hedderman

Bill started my day with a smile and good feelings. yes, his forecasts seemed to be the most accurate, but it is the personality that is missed. Love the dogs, and all the hair he probably had on his suits from Maximus!
It is great to have Sam back, but it seems like we have lost a beloved family member.
You are missed and always will be. Good luck with the radio.

July 20, 2019 - 4:11 am

Harold

They should have gotten rid of Robin Williams and George Snufalogist or whatever his name is. The Snufffy character on Sesame Street is smarter than him.