Chuck’s Classics, featuring Chuck Berry
A singer, songwriter and one of the great pioneers of rock and roll. He developed his music style that included guitar solos and showmanship. He was a major influence on subsequent rock music. This is one of his monster hits from 1955. Chuck was very active from 1953 to 2017 when he died at age 90 in March 2017.
Chuck Benson – Started his broadcast career in 1960 as a writer at CKYL, Peace River, AB, where in 1965 he won the Gold Leaf Award (now called the Juno) for Top Disc Jockey for Canada. From there, a brief stint at CFRN, Edmonton, AB as Promotions Manager for AM/FM Radio. Then in ’62 helped open CKNL Fort St. John, BC. In ’68 Chuck and two others (Ernie Mushtuk and Ernie Mykyte) started up Yellowhead Broadcasting Ltd out of Edson, AB, eventually ending up with satellites in Grande Cache, Jasper, Whitecourt and Hinton, AB. He sold his interests and moved to Vancouver, ending up with CFVR, Abbotsford as General Sales Manager, then Manager of CHPQ, Parksville, and eventually as a Sales Consultant with CIGV-FM in Penticton. Chuck is retired from broadcasting and living with his wife in Parksville
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal