Former CKNW Copy Chief Copywriter Tony Antonias Dies at 89
Former CKNW staffers were saddened on Friday to learn of the death of longtime Copy Chief Tony Antonias.
As reported by Northwest Broadcasters, he started at the station as a copywriter in 1955, soon moving up to Copy Chief and then Creative Director.
He is famously credited with composing the Woodward’s Department Store’s $1.49 Day jingle for which he was presented an International Broadcasting Award for creating one of the World’s Best Broadcast Advertisements. Teresa McManus wrote a story about Tony’s role in creating the jingle for the New Westminster Record which you will find HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- 102.7 The Peak’s James Sutton and Casey Jo…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Edmonton Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019