Former CKNW Copy Chief Copywriter Tony Antonias Dies at 89
Former CKNW staffers were saddened on Friday to learn of the death of longtime Copy Chief Tony Antonias.
As reported by Northwest Broadcasters, he started at the station as a copywriter in 1955, soon moving up to Copy Chief and then Creative Director.
He is famously credited with composing the Woodward’s Department Store’s $1.49 Day jingle for which he was presented an International Broadcasting Award for creating one of the World’s Best Broadcast Advertisements. Teresa McManus wrote a story about Tony’s role in creating the jingle for the New Westminster Record which you will find HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal