Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has Delivered Her Last Weather Forecast
One of the more attractive reasons to tune in CTV Vancouver Island is no more. After 17 years with Victoria’s second television station, Astrid Braunschmidt is leaving .. for a position handling Media Relations with BC Ferries.
Astrid, who grew up in Greater Victoria, began her broadcast career in 2001 as CIVI arrived on the air as ‘The New VI,’ and she was a reporter/videographer. She soon advanced to co-hosting duties on the then breakfast show, ‘New Day,’where her upbeat personality and sunny disposition won her many new fans.
Astrid eventually took over the evening weathercasting chores for the station, and then went back to school to become a certified meteorologist, the only one in Vancouver Island broadcasting. Now she is off to new public relations work for BC Ferries, and we’re sure her many fans will miss her.
We at PSR thank Astrid for being able to forecast foul weather when necessary while not leaving us in a foul mood, and wish her the very best in her new role.
Meantime, a heartfelt four-minute ‘parting package’ as prepared by CTV anchorman Andrew Johnson can be viewed HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107