Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has Delivered Her Last Weather Forecast
One of the more attractive reasons to tune in CTV Vancouver Island is no more. After 17 years with Victoria’s second television station, Astrid Braunschmidt is leaving .. for a position handling Media Relations with BC Ferries.
Astrid, who grew up in Greater Victoria, began her broadcast career in 2001 as CIVI arrived on the air as ‘The New VI,’ and she was a reporter/videographer. She soon advanced to co-hosting duties on the then breakfast show, ‘New Day,’where her upbeat personality and sunny disposition won her many new fans.
Astrid eventually took over the evening weathercasting chores for the station, and then went back to school to become a certified meteorologist, the only one in Vancouver Island broadcasting. Now she is off to new public relations work for BC Ferries, and we’re sure her many fans will miss her.
We at PSR thank Astrid for being able to forecast foul weather when necessary while not leaving us in a foul mood, and wish her the very best in her new role.
Meantime, a heartfelt four-minute ‘parting package’ as prepared by CTV anchorman Andrew Johnson can be viewed HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- RIP Former CKNW Promotions Ace John Plul