Kelowna Radio Host Sidelined by Health Issues
KELOWNA – After 16 years on air in Kelowna, TJ is taking a break from her EZ Rock morning radio show due to health reasons.
TJ and her husband Andy James have hosted Andy & TJ in the Morning since Feb. 3, 2003, but she’s been off the air for the last few weeks.
“I’ve been off the air/social media for awhile and for good reason,” TJ wrote on the show’s Facebook page. “I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November and had surgery a week before Christmas. Andy and I found out today (Jan. 7) that I have more battles ahead. I’ve never felt more scared and more loved, all at the same time.”
Both declined interview requests. James did say, in an email, that they’ve worked on the air together for 16 years and will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary in May.
“As you can imagine, we’re trying to navigate through this as a family, while also respecting our loyal listeners,” he wrote.
EZ Rock 101.5 congratulated them last year for their 15th anniversary on air and billed them as the longest running morning show hosts in Kelowna.
“To those who’ve emailed wondering where I am, to those who already know what’s up and to those just finding out….I thank you from the bottom of my heart,” TJ wrote on Facebook. “You see, I’ve got this! because I’ll be carrying all your love into the trenches with me.”
MUCH MORE COVERAGE OF KAMLOOPS & INTERIOR BC NEWS HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96