Kelowna Radio Host Sidelined by Health Issues
KELOWNA – After 16 years on air in Kelowna, TJ is taking a break from her EZ Rock morning radio show due to health reasons.
TJ and her husband Andy James have hosted Andy & TJ in the Morning since Feb. 3, 2003, but she’s been off the air for the last few weeks.
“I’ve been off the air/social media for awhile and for good reason,” TJ wrote on the show’s Facebook page. “I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November and had surgery a week before Christmas. Andy and I found out today (Jan. 7) that I have more battles ahead. I’ve never felt more scared and more loved, all at the same time.”
Both declined interview requests. James did say, in an email, that they’ve worked on the air together for 16 years and will celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary in May.
“As you can imagine, we’re trying to navigate through this as a family, while also respecting our loyal listeners,” he wrote.
EZ Rock 101.5 congratulated them last year for their 15th anniversary on air and billed them as the longest running morning show hosts in Kelowna.
“To those who’ve emailed wondering where I am, to those who already know what’s up and to those just finding out….I thank you from the bottom of my heart,” TJ wrote on Facebook. “You see, I’ve got this! because I’ll be carrying all your love into the trenches with me.”
MUCH MORE COVERAGE OF KAMLOOPS & INTERIOR BC NEWS HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- DISGUSTING: Taxpayer-Funded CBC Puts Omar Khadr On…
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Paul Larsen Exits Global Okanagan