Longtime Montreal radio newscaster Tom Armour dies at age 79
Montreal broadcaster Tom Armour is seen in early days and in a more recent photo. (CJAD and Esteban Vargas
Published Wednesday, December 12, 2018
A former CFCF and CJAD radio newscaster has died.
Tom Armour began his radio career in 1959 before moving to Montreal and joining CFCF radio in 1961.
He later joined CJAD in 1965 although he left in the mid-70s before returning to the station in 1993. He continued working at CJAD until his retirement in 2015.
Armour died last week at St. Mary’s hospital.
As per his wishes there will be no funeral.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96