CBC Gem Streaming Service to Launch w/Exclusive Content, Ad-Free Movies
TORONTO – The CBC launched a new video streaming service Tuesday featuring live and on-demand programming for free as well as an option to upgrade to an ad-free premium membership for a monthly fee.
The public broadcaster said CBC Gem has more than 4,000 hours of content and will also offer original programming, including the upcoming drama series “Northern Rescue.” William Baldwin and Kathleen Robertson star in the family drama, which will launch exclusively on CBC Gem in Canada starting March 1.
The CBC also announced a partnership with Wattpad for emerging Canadian writers to create exclusive content for Gem, which gets its title from the nickname CBC uses internally for its logo.
Meanwhile, a partnership with Telefilm Canada allows CBC Gem to offer more than 100 Canadian feature films. All the Canadian films are available ad-free, with additional titles from the National Film Board of Canada to be added in the coming year.
READ MORE HERE AT THE WINNIPEG FREE PRESS WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM