CBC Gem Streaming Service to Launch w/Exclusive Content, Ad-Free Movies
TORONTO – The CBC launched a new video streaming service Tuesday featuring live and on-demand programming for free as well as an option to upgrade to an ad-free premium membership for a monthly fee.
The public broadcaster said CBC Gem has more than 4,000 hours of content and will also offer original programming, including the upcoming drama series “Northern Rescue.” William Baldwin and Kathleen Robertson star in the family drama, which will launch exclusively on CBC Gem in Canada starting March 1.
The CBC also announced a partnership with Wattpad for emerging Canadian writers to create exclusive content for Gem, which gets its title from the nickname CBC uses internally for its logo.
Meanwhile, a partnership with Telefilm Canada allows CBC Gem to offer more than 100 Canadian feature films. All the Canadian films are available ad-free, with additional titles from the National Film Board of Canada to be added in the coming year.
READ MORE HERE AT THE WINNIPEG FREE PRESS WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96