RIP Vancouver Radio Salesman John Donaldson
|Sorry to learn from Gord Lansdell’s fine Northwest Broadcasters site that former Vancouver broadcaster John Donaldson died November 22 at Vancouver General Hospital at age 90.
He started as the all-night host at CJOR Vancouver in the 1960s, becoming sales manager first at CKNW, then at CHQM. While my memory is increasingly frail I think he also spent time in sales at CKWX while I was there.
John managed ‘QM’s short lived Winnipeg station, and later managed CJOR in the post talk show host Pat Burns era.
Upon hearing the sad news longtime Vancouver radio writer Lyndon Grove commented:
“John Donaldson was a man of enormous charisma, who flashed meteor-like across the Vancouver media scene in the 1960s. It was a pleasure to know and work with him.”
You will find his full obituary HERE as published in the Sun and Province.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell’s Virgin Radio Toronto & Edmonton…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Trudeau Government Announces $600 MILLION Media…
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Vancouver Radio PPMs … Aug. 27th – Nov.…
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Aug. 27th – Nov 25th 2018
- CBC, ‘The Ocean’ &…
- These Are The Highest-Paid US Radio Hosts