RIP Vancouver Radio Salesman John Donaldson
|Sorry to learn from Gord Lansdell’s fine Northwest Broadcasters site that former Vancouver broadcaster John Donaldson died November 22 at Vancouver General Hospital at age 90.
He started as the all-night host at CJOR Vancouver in the 1960s, becoming sales manager first at CKNW, then at CHQM. While my memory is increasingly frail I think he also spent time in sales at CKWX while I was there.
John managed ‘QM’s short lived Winnipeg station, and later managed CJOR in the post talk show host Pat Burns era.
Upon hearing the sad news longtime Vancouver radio writer Lyndon Grove commented:
“John Donaldson was a man of enormous charisma, who flashed meteor-like across the Vancouver media scene in the 1960s. It was a pleasure to know and work with him.”
You will find his full obituary HERE as published in the Sun and Province.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Boyd Leader leaves CFWE for Kelowna and Bell Media
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…